Black Leucros 09/16/2012 12:58 AM CDT
To the best of everyone's experience where do Leucros begin to slow down as far as weapon training is concerned? They just seem to be dying pretty quick and training a lot of my weapons pretty slowly around 240 ranks. So, I was just curious. Thanks.

Khorgar ~ Wielding a rolled up newspaper
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 01:41 AM CDT
Relying just on memory, which I fully admit might be a bit faulty, I believe I moved on to red leucro somewhere between 200 and 220 ranks. By 240, I was hunting baby/fledgling gryphons, which admittedly hurt a bit at first, but became easier about 260 ranks.

~Talo~
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 04:17 AM CDT
200 ranks in black leucros. More than that and they get extreeeeeemely painful and slow on the weapon training.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 10:59 AM CDT
Well, that explains why my TM is crawling.

Still working on my defenses a little bit. The WM curse of TM and magics getting ahead of everything else.

Any suggestions on where to head after Black Leucros?

Khorgar ~ Dragging on
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 11:24 AM CDT
Fendryads (Langenfirth), Elder Brocket Deer (west of Langenfirth), Baby Gryphons (Rossman's Landing)

Elvis has left the building.
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 12:03 PM CDT
>>Fendryads (Langenfirth), Elder Brocket Deer (west of Langenfirth), Baby Gryphons (Rossman's Landing)

What Elvis said, only I like my gryphons from Shard. Love the deer. Can probably do the middle tier now and move to elders. When you're. Ready

~The Prydaen~
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 12:17 PM CDT
Might have to consider moving on. I can barely train my main weapons. I obliterate them too quickly and they don't spawn fast enough. Can't move my TM at all. Though my defense would probably be on the lower end. Suppose I can manage them with buffs though.

Khorgar ~ Buff-o-matic
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 11:03 PM CDT
>>Might have to consider moving on. I can barely train my main weapons. I obliterate them too quickly and they don't spawn fast enough. Can't move my TM at all. Though my defense would probably be on the lower end. Suppose I can manage them with buffs though.

Doubly suggest the brocket deer then. The mid-tier (red brocket deer) are just the slightest tad harder than black leucro. Start there, and if they don't cut it, the next tier (elder brocket deer) are right there for the slaying. All three tiers spawn deer like crazy, as far as I'm concerned. Disclaimer: Since I haven't played a magic user in something like 4 years, I can't speak to how well they train magics.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Black Leucros 09/16/2012 11:57 PM CDT
Deers have been perfect.

I'm having to do the third tier for my TM and first three weapons, but it's great after I lock those I can swoop down to the first tier and train other lower weapons and then pop up to the second tier to train defenses and other skills.

One of the best places I've hunted in DR so far. Definitely nice.

Khorgar ~ Hunting Season: OPEN