What to hunt advice? 04/14/2012 10:51 PM CDT
Looking for some advice on what to hunt, have all bard enchants and manifest force memorized, was considering nipoh oshu on aesry but not sure how good they are without ethereal shield,normally just hunt leucros and vipers but they are slowing down, rock guardians seemed terrible and scavenger trolls have too awesome of parry whenever they are wielding scimitars.

Strength : 46 Reflex : 36
Agility : 34 Stamina : 40

Shield Usage: 210 Light Chain: 131
Heavy Chain: 184 Light Plate: 172
Heavy Plate: 191 Parry Ability: 194
Multi Opponent: 201 Twohanded Edged: 156
Twohanded Blunt: 236 Halberds: 145
Light Thrown: 198 Heavy Thrown: 125
Brawling: 155 Targeted Magic: 203
Evasion: 202 Skinning: 170

Re: What to hunt advice? 04/14/2012 11:03 PM CDT
Tier 3 Snobs? Probably too slow, thought with much, much, lower stats they do my cleric ok around the same ranks, just have to work them a bit. I had decent luck with the elder brocket deer (hit like trucks), blightwater nyads/dryads in boar clan (hibi), or maiden's tress (again in boar clan).

Tress (does this become tress' or tresses?) might be a good place to get those lower weapons up, as they're right next to bloodvines, a critter very similar to vines/creepers but a bit harder. Problem with the stuff in hibi is it's not skinnable unless you're going to hit up ogres. And it's all cursed, though not true undead, so I'm not sure how it would effect your magic.

Deer might be your best bet, since they're skinnable and don't use weapons. If the elders are full, normals or young would teach lower weapons well.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/14/2012 11:45 PM CDT
> was considering nipoh oshu on aesry but not sure how good they are without ethereal shield

I think I heard that Mere is supposed to cancel their steam attack. I haven't tested this, though.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 12:00 AM CDT

>I think I heard that Mere is supposed to cancel their steam attack. I haven't tested this, though.

That would be all sorts of flipping fantastic.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 06:36 AM CDT
Lang is a pretty good place for that range. You have elder deer that was suggested already, and also 3rd tier swampies and fens if that area is full. There's also the first tier of warcats and orc scouts outside of rossman's that should teach pretty well too.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 06:48 AM CDT
When can I start hunting pecs on M'riss again? Would a babrarian with 250 in defenses be ok there? When do Caracals start again? This folder seems to suggest 260 ish, but I recall it being much higher.

- Buuwl
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 07:03 AM CDT
If you're talking about the peccary on the island <river area> my barb with 258 evasion does just fine there. if you're talking bristle-backs, might want to wait another 50 ranks or so.

Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 08:27 AM CDT
Hey, thanks for mentioning orc scouts, I'm trying them now, even though I'm not the original poster.

I'm seeing all war cats and no scouts thought, is that normal?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/15/2012 11:50 AM CDT
Yea. I wasn't a fan of that area though. Mainly for the movement, and also the scouts used slings. You're better off with all warcats in my opinion.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/16/2012 10:08 AM CDT

Oshu would be great and with having mere you can stop/lower the affects of the steam attack. You can take them into the 300-400 with the 3 tiers of them. Pay out is good as every creature drops 2 fire opals so you'll fill gem pouches fairly easy.
Re: What to hunt advice? 04/17/2012 05:26 AM CDT
Oshu are pretty much perfect the steam attack still does damage through mere and still takes getting used to seeing my health fluctuate lol, but the learning is great. Anyone have advice on TM learning with strange arrow vs oshu? Seems to hit relatively weak vs them. Thanks for all the responses.
Re: What to hunt advice? 10/30/2012 12:30 PM CDT

bolt. spam it.
oshu seem to resist alot of different damage types but they will carry you pretty far. stamina seems to negate the damage from steam attacks as well, so they arent a bad critter if you don't need boxes and skinning