Vipers soon or wait? 02/13/2011 09:10 PM CST
Hello all. I'm a 36th circle paladin. Given my stats below, I was thinking of moving to vipers. Hatchlings are pretty boring now, even though they teach decently and I love Ratha. I have to basically let them hit me. Should I stick it out or move on?

Shield Usage: 183
Evasion: 118
Parry Ability: 146
Heavy Plate: 173
Light Plate: 114
Multi Opponent: 153
Twohanded Edged: 139
Heavy Edged: 137
Brawling: 127
Heavy Crossbow: 66
Holy Magic: 143
Harness Ability: 146
Power Perceive: 128

Strength : 27
Reflex : 25
Agility : 25
Charisma : 20
Discipline : 22
Wisdom : 21
Intelligence : 21
Stamina : 22
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 02/13/2011 10:22 PM CST
Looks like you'd do just fine in vipers. You'll probably have some trouble with the poison while training parry though. Your shield is close to the ~200 cap for them, but since shield learns past caps it seems then you should be fine.

Leucros are just next door though if shield training slows down.
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 02/18/2011 07:13 AM CST
You will do great there. Keep a Courage up to off-set the poison. Stance down to train your shield until you get your offenses up to move up the ladder.

Madigan
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 02/18/2011 08:20 AM CST
>>Looks like you'd do just fine in vipers. You'll probably have some trouble with the poison while training parry though.

If you keep getting hit with poison while in parry stance and end up getting to the dangerous/critical (not sure on dangerous, critical for sure) level head out of the hunting area or stance to shield for a bit so you can deal with the frequent fall/stun.
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 09/01/2011 01:58 PM CDT
How much skinning do you need for vipers? Luecs?

Thinking about making the switch from crocs...which I can't quite skin consistently yet.
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 09/01/2011 02:35 PM CDT
Pretty sure he meant black leucros, since they're in the same area as thicket vipers.

I was able to skin black leucros as a survival tert with about 130 skinning, 2 arranges. Granted it wasn't superior results, but it was enough to train with. I don't know if I would have been able to skin them earlier or not.

As for hunting, I moved into the Black Leucros area that has inkhornes and doesn't have vipers with around 180 defenses and was able to handle 2 or 3. The nice thing about the area is that spawn isn't insanely high, so its easy to keep only 2 or 3 only you at a time. I moved out of the area at 240 ranks, although I could probably have milked that further.

-Evran

Waiting for Results..............................................................................................................

-Evran

Waiting for Results..............................................................................................................
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 09/01/2011 03:13 PM CDT
I did mean black. Thanks.

Is there anything else with a decent spawn rate around the same skill level? My weapons are lagging behind a bit because I kill creatures too quickly after I lock all my defenses - 3-4 crocs still lock me just standing around getting smacked, but they die in 4-5 swings.

I also just awoke from an 8 year nap, so maybe my problem is how I'm training my weapons...

Any further help on either front would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Vipers soon or wait? 09/01/2011 04:32 PM CDT
red brocket deer west of the Langenfirth bin.

________________________________________________________________________________

We've decided that instead of spells Paladins will be a new arm of the Bard guild utilizing interpretive dance moves.

~GM Zeyurn