Black leucro spawn 03/12/2015 11:37 AM CDT
Is there any chance of an uptweak or nudge to black leucro spawn up off the NTR? Recently there has often been a proliferation of hunters there and I often sit around for stretches without any leucros, only to HUNT and see one or two other hunters in empty rooms with a final hunter dancing with 4, who stays there quite a while and doesn't seem too keen on actually killing them.

> hum tuneless
You hum a tuneless tune.
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 10:12 AM CDT
Bumping this from March since I just started hunting here again. Could the black leucro spawn be kicked up a bit? It's really hard to go from middle to elder deer now and the leucros are perfectly in between but just don't spawn enough when there's a few people dancing.
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 11:39 AM CDT
>Could the black leucro spawn be kicked up a bit? It's really hard to go from middle to elder deer now and the leucros are perfectly in between but just don't spawn enough when there's a few people dancing.

Combat desperately needs a mechanic to discourage dancers. 1 or 2 dancers destroys the viability of the hunting ground for everyone else until they leave or are killed. I wish if you didn't make a kill for X minutes it would summon reinforcements that would spawn mobs in the hunting ground rooms surrounding the dancer and generate a ranged champion mob in the dancer's room to potentially kill the dancer at range. (or at least encourage them to make kills from time to time)

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 01:16 PM CDT
Once upon a time, they instituted a change to mob AI where if you danced with the same mob for too long, it would retreat and leave your room.

This was not a good thing and there is a reason it went away.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 02:57 PM CDT
>This was not a good thing and there is a reason it went away.

I didn't say I wanted a return of those mechanics. There are plenty of people who dance in hunting grounds for hours longer than it would take to lock all their defensive skills and that kills the spawn rate for the entire hunting ground for the duration they're there.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 03:14 PM CDT
Yeah I'm just saying that was the last "answer" to that problem.

The engagement cap being 4 helps, but I'm not sure the problem is people dancing as much as it is there being no options to lure spawn into your room or anything like that. This stands out in leucros especially because the area is so big.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 04:33 PM CDT

>> Combat desperately needs a mechanic to discourage dancers. 1 or 2 dancers destroys the viability of the hunting ground for everyone else until they leave or are killed. I wish if you didn't make a kill for X minutes it would summon reinforcements that would spawn mobs in the hunting ground rooms surrounding the dancer and generate a ranged champion mob in the dancer's room to potentially kill the dancer at range. (or at least encourage them to make kills from time to time)

Yup. People who train magic and other non-combats in combat are really annoying. I know its mechanically superior to do so, but I choose not to because it ruins the hunting grounds for others.
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/13/2015 04:39 PM CDT
One more for a change in spawn mechanics in this area.
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/15/2015 02:32 AM CDT

>> One more for a change in spawn mechanics in this area.

There is a few pockets where the spawn is not tied to the area where everyone congregates. Might be a couple actually.
Re: Black leucro spawn 09/15/2015 08:13 AM CDT
The leucros behind the deadfall are actually a little bit harder than the ones before, and they're mixed with vipers which doesn't teach anything once you are in leucros now.

It's usually the area I do hunt after I get a few rank in the first area. That first area needs it's spawn looked at though because it only takes 1 dancer to ruin the spawn for 3-4 people in that area.