Boxes or skinning or both? 07/17/2014 07:27 PM CDT
I've got about 200 in my defenses, and am looking to work on a handful of weapons from the 150s-170s. I would normally do quartz gargs but don't want to pay for premium right now.

If I want something that drops boxes (200), or is skinnable (215), but preferably both, what is my best choice now? I'm eyeballing river sprites, but a few minutes in here makes me think they might be too rough.. This is on a thief, so I'll also need to be able to hide (230) to train stuff.

Not picky about location.
Re: Boxes or skinning or both? 07/17/2014 08:42 PM CDT
Orc Scouts and Warcats in Rossman's may be worth a shot. If your Discipline isn't high enough(I started resisting almost 100% of the time with 30 Discipline, though Int/Wisdom are minor factors as well) the Hypnotize ability gets super annoying, but the orcs drop boxes and warcats are skinnable.

I don't remember what skills I started with because I started hunting them before I quit like eight months ago, but my Paladin currently has 240 in shield and 190ish in Evasion and Parry and they never lay a hand on him(and the shield is starting to really slow down, so I think they cap around 240).
Re: Boxes or skinning or both? 07/17/2014 08:48 PM CDT
I should also note I hunt them unbuffed because I'm lazy and don't need them, so those skills are steamrolling them unbuffed.
Re: Boxes or skinning or both? 07/17/2014 09:28 PM CDT
I may give them a try, someone talked me into doing black leucros, and they're moving me amazingly so far.

Also, it really helps to, when getting a brand new shield, adjust it. Doesn't do much good on your shoulder. Been so long since I had to buy a new-new one that I'd completely forgotten to do that.

River sprites were much easier when I was using two defenses.