Black Leucros No Longer Do It 05/16/2014 05:55 PM CDT

I believe I read (there has been a lot of reading) that creature's will teach to a more narrow range of skills than they used to.

I had been hunting in Black Leucros, but they don't seem to be teaching well anymore. My defenses in the 230s are not moving, and my weapons (mostly) in the 180s are moving slowly. The bestiary has these fellows teaching to 290ish, but I'm betting that's no longer true.

I like to skin what I bunt, so I'd be interested in your recommendations as to what manner of creature to hunt next.
Re: Black Leucros No Longer Do It 05/16/2014 07:53 PM CDT
Without knowing your location preference, I'll try to provide what I can from using the Bestiary (https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Bestiary).

You would probably find the Vicious Warcats and Orcs in Rossman's Landing decent. However, keep in mind that a lot of creatures have had their ranges tightened. Grab some options from the Bestiary and do some traveling would be my suggestion.

You can APPRAISE CAREFUL any creature now to try and determine how they will teach you as well, which is very helpful in that regard!

I believe the glass is half full; of lead, toxic chemicals and deadly parasitic microbes.
Re: Black Leucros No Longer Do It 05/16/2014 08:12 PM CDT
Depending on your goal, wouldn't peccaries, or quartz gargs, be a good critter? The 3.0/2.0 caps listed are roughly 240s, so your defenses wouldn't likely move much, but they should definitely train weapons and are skinnable, and the gargs drop treasure too.
Re: Black Leucros No Longer Do It 05/17/2014 12:13 AM CDT

Thank you both for the advice - didn't know about Appraise Careful - very cool.
Re: Black Leucros No Longer Do It 05/21/2014 06:22 PM CDT
FC gargs teach VERY slowly on weapons around 180-190 now. Was using them to train low weapons for weaponsmaster titles and we're great until the teaching got narrowed with 3.1. Unsure on armor/defenses because they teach my backtraining for tdp's armor in the 150's but my defenses don't learn anything. Fun thing though arrange them 5x and you can still lock skinning at 400 ranks. Don't arrange ALL, has to be single arranges. FC gargs are my fav backtrainer cause of spawn

[00:15] Chatter[Uzmam] Damian just wants to beat up dancers, what a bully
[00:15] Chatter[Morpion] Wait for them outside the club at 3 am?
[00:15] Chatter[Damian] i enjoy making them scream with pure terror