Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/23/2013 05:12 PM CDT
I need anything that can be skinned in the skill range after blood wolves. I'm reading that they top out around 110.

Small peccaries are 125-250 on elanthipedia and are mixed with swamp trolls or dragon priests (?).

Young brocket deer are slightly harder than silver leucros.

I'd like to avoid silver leucros/ratha if I can. I don't particularly like ratha as a location and I'm a little concerned about the charge mechanic.

So I guess I'm looking at young brocket deer after blood wolves and then small peccaries for a while after the deer. Does this seem reasonable? Any mechanics or survival checks to get into these areas I need to know about?

Thanks for your input!

Ygg
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/23/2013 07:24 PM CDT
Leth snowbeasts
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/23/2013 07:36 PM CDT
I did Blue-belly Crocs after Blood Wolves, then on to small Pecs. I think the Pecs mixed with Swamp trolls would hit pretty hard if you are just coming out of Blood Wolves.
Then again deer weren't around when I was hunting in that range.

Where deer and small peccaries are don't require any special skill to find them. Crocs are in a maze just off of the NTR that is not difficult to find your way out of when you are done hunting.

Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me; Genesis 27:3
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/23/2013 08:57 PM CDT
I like togballs at those ranks, but that's mostly holy-mana users. Not bad for other classes, but not 'the best'.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/23/2013 09:05 PM CDT

<<I'd like to avoid silver leucros/ratha if I can. I don't particularly like ratha as a location and I'm a little concerned about the charge mechanic.>>

Silver Leucros unfortunately are the optimal critter for you at the ranks you are currently. IDK I far prefer Ratha to Theren to be honest. Its what you make of it. If your looking for the thing that will train the best Silver Leucs is a no brainer before deer or Snobs.

- Buuwl
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/24/2013 07:52 AM CDT
It may bear mentioning if you don't know, but the sea mammoths make travel to the islands awesome. 7 minutes to FC, another 7 to Leth or Ratha from FC, a set schedule like the ferries. So you can get from or to the mainland/isles in less than a half hour.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/24/2013 09:45 AM CDT
>Leth snowbeasts
>Blue-belly Crocs

I loved snowbeasts at that range, since there's a slower gen area and a higher gen area, so you can transition pretty well. Crocs should work pretty well, too.
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/24/2013 03:56 PM CDT
I did snowbeasts -> crocs -> vipers. Worked great.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/24/2013 05:11 PM CDT
I had discounted snowbeasts. As I recall, a long time ago the gargoyle/snowbeast area had pretty poor gen. I'm looking at the Ranik map for the leth area snowbeasts, could you describe which is the high gen and low gen area?
Re: Skinnable After Blood wolves 07/24/2013 06:09 PM CDT
>could you describe which is the high gen and low gen area?

Higher gen in snowbeasts is in the southeast. Specifically, that triangle of rooms near the ice cave (and in the ice cave? I never actually hunted in the cave) seems like you get more snowbeasts then elsewhere in the area.