WTH 06/15/2012 10:07 AM CDT
Ok, I'm just capping crocs and need something to hunt that swarms and that won't kick my butt if I forget to rebuff. Warmie with access to YS/SUF/SW. Perception isn't quite good enough to see the tracks into vipers (120). Would like skinnable but not necessary. Traveling isn't a problem. I tried mid deer and got my butt handed to me with more than one. Also need something that'll move my TM. Skills/stats as follows:

MO 161
Parry 161
Shield 160
Evasion 159
LC 155
TM 160
LX 133
2HE 138
Brawling 128
HE 120

30 reflex 30 stamina 29 strength 28 agility 25 disc

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

-Storm
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 10:08 AM CDT
Give serpents in fang cove a shot

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 10:54 AM CDT
Fang cove serpents and togballs are awesome.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 10:59 AM CDT
Isn't Fang an estateholder-only area? I'm not one sadly.

Togballs I'll try. What about bloodvines?
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 11:56 AM CDT

First tier snow gobs on Aesry, maybe small peccaries in lang but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Bloodvines might be a good option. I've never hunted them so can't really speak to those either.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 01:48 PM CDT
Bloodvines would work in that range, but you will get beaten up a bit so be careful in there. They teach quite well though. I moved to Fang Cove Serpents and they are awesome, but are premie only. :(
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 03:07 PM CDT
Togballs are skinnable and drop boxes. Bloodvines aren't( and i dont think they drop boxes) but teach higher and swarm a bit more. If one is too easy or hard try the other.
Fang cove is premy only, but is good for that range if you can swing it.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 04:33 PM CDT
I think I'll give togballs a whirl. Also, what about Aesry? aren't Oshu/La'tami in that range or are they a bit higher?
Re: WTH 06/15/2012 09:03 PM CDT
You could also try la'tami on Aesry or in Shard. Both have climbing requirements to get in; I believe it's 70ish for Aesry and 150ish for Shard.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: WTH 06/22/2012 09:13 AM CDT
So I ended up in vipers after trying several of the suggestions made in this thread and they seem a great fit, lock all my skills up great, etc. The issue is that I'm still having problems finding the tracks and am leaning on CV runes currently. What's the minimum perception needed to find these? I'm sitting at about 122 now and can only get signs.
Re: WTH 06/22/2012 09:26 AM CDT
if its really a major issue, go to the east of riverhaven and train with the vipers in the pejak bog. only issue is the serpents are with them there, so if you want a 1 -critter area you're out of luck.

meanwhile train your perception via other means <juggling, foraging, disarming boxes>. I've always found it quite odd that you need More perception to find tracks to a weaker creature <vipers> than you do to get to a harder one <black leucros>. To me that is backwards.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: WTH 06/22/2012 10:01 AM CDT
Thanks for the quick response.

It's not what I'd consider a major issue since I can use runes, was just curious where I need to end up rankwise to adjust my training regimen accordingly. I generally train perception via collecting but haven't been keeping up on it as much as I should for favor of combats/magics, so I suppose I'll just need to shift focus a bit.
Re: WTH 06/22/2012 10:50 AM CDT

Train it using HUNT while you're in combat. It does rely on being able to see critters in the adjoining rooms but when you can, it's a great way to keep perception moving in combat.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: WTH 06/22/2012 11:35 AM CDT
yeah, that's the other drawback of the area I mentioned <riverhaven vipers>. You can't use "hunt" there.

Even in premium & "dark" areas <such as dark spirits in tiger clan> you can use the "hunt" verb for perception, just can't actually "hunt" TO the critter, but you can see if they are there.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius