Mechanical Mice and haledroth knuckles. 05/30/2017 09:15 AM CDT

My issue is that my haledroth spiked knuckles don't appear to be working as haledroth, I can't land a hit on them any more than if I was only using normal metal brawling gear.
Could you take a peek at this please? Following are examples of this. My brawling skill is significantly higher than my SB skill, but I did not manage to land a single damage dealing blow with haledroth spiked knuckles, where the fulginode hammer (along with haledroth cutlass/scim and finivire crossbow) is fine.

Brawling: 171 27.58% clear (0/34)
Small Blunt: 130 58.59% pondering (7/34)

< With the precision and elegance of a plunging goshawk, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse fails to dodge, only slightly avoiding the blow.
The knuckle lands a gentle (0/23) hit to the mouse's chest.
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]

< Moving with powerful grace, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse fails to evade, moving almost completely out of harm's reach.
The knuckle lands a glancing (0/23) strike to the mouse's left arm.
[You're bruised, adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]

< Moving with powerful grace, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to evade, receiving a glancing (0/23) blow.
[traincombat]: circle
The knuckle lands a brushing (0/23) strike to the mouse's left arm.

< With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse fails to dodge, avoiding most of the blow.
The knuckle lands a brushing (0/23) hit to the mouse's right arm.
[You're adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

(This is just a few examples I cut and pasted, I punched that thing dozens of times and not one hit did any damage)

< Moving with deft grace, you swing a fulginode war hammer at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to dodge.
The hammer lands a solid hit (4/23) to the mouse's neck.

< Attacking skillfully, you bash a fulginode war hammer at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse fails to dodge.
The hammer lands a solid hit (4/23) to the mouse's right arm.
[You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]

< Moving skillfully, you bash a fulginode war hammer at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to dodge.
The hammer lands a hard hit (5/23) that temporarily knocks away the mouse's breath with a light blow to the chest.
[You're adeptly balanced and in dominating position.]

< Moving with the precision of a mongoose, you swing a fulginode war hammer at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse fails to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow.
The hammer lands an extremely heavy hit (9/23) that doubles the mouse's right leg over backwards with a direct hit to the right knee.
A loud clang reverberates as a giant mechanical mouse explodes in a storm of metallic cogs, gears, and fragments.
[You're adeptly balanced]

(At 40 ranks less in SB, I can comfortably hit them and damage them.)

It seems pretty clear that the special metal brawling gear has not been added into the code for the mech mice.

Please fix! Now I have all the things to hunt in there, it would be nice for these things to actually work right.

Thank you.

Note: Before anyone asks, yes I am definitely wearing the haledroth knuckles!
> tap knuc
You tap some haledroth spiked knuckles that you are wearing.
>
> appr knuc

Some haledroth spiked knuckles are a brawling type weapon.
Some haledroth spiked knuckles trains the brawling skill.

You are certain that it could do:
a lot of puncture damage
no slice damage increase
a lot of impact damage

The spiked knuckles is not (0/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the spiked knuckles are nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

The spiked knuckles are made with metal.
It appears that the spiked knuckles can be worn strapped to the hands.
You estimate that the spiked knuckles weighs around 25 stones.
You are certain that the spiked knuckles are worth exactly 336765 Kronars.
The spiked knuckles look to bear your familiar marks of registration.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

~Kalewen.
Re: Mechanical Mice and haledroth knuckles. 05/30/2017 05:25 PM CDT
Maybe a stupid question, but did your offense stance switch between those two logs?
Re: Mechanical Mice and haledroth knuckles. 05/31/2017 11:05 AM CDT
<<Maybe a stupid question, but did your offense stance switch between those two logs?

No, not at all.

Stance for that example was:
You are currently using 41% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 100% of your weapon parry skill.
You are currently using 41% of your shield block skill.
You are attacking with 100% of your offensive skill.

I'm not 100% certain, but SLAM with my SB doesn't appear to be landing damage either. It's as if the game doesn't recognize the weapon haft as being made of fulginode.

< Moving strongly, you slam a hammer haft at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to dodge.
The haft lands a brushing (0/23) strike to the mouse's back.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

< Moving well, you slam a hammer haft at a giant mechanical mouse. A giant mechanical mouse attempts to evade.
The haft lands a grazing (0/23) strike to the mouse's chest.
[You're bruised, nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

This feels like a massive over-simplification, but could it be that when you hit something, if the attack/hit line doesn't actually contain haledroth/fulginode etc, it doesn't recognize it as being made of the special metal?
Every hit which should be doing damage, and isn't, doesn't have the material name in the attack line.

<< With grace, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse.
<< Attacking skillfully, you punch your spiked knuckle at a giant mechanical mouse.
<< Moving well, you slam a hammer haft at a giant mechanical mouse.

While the hits which DO land, have the material type there. I have no idea how the code works, and surely it's not as simple as "if the line of attack has XYZ word in it, do damage. If it doesn't, don't." But... could it be related somehow?

Pure speculation, and making stuff up, but hey... it's gotta be something, right?
Re: Mechanical Mice and haledroth knuckles. 05/31/2017 11:43 AM CDT
I'd hazard a guess that it has less to do with materials in the name and possibly to do with pommel slams not explicitly using the weapon's attributes for the damage and brawling damage being its own beast.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.