Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 11:38 AM CDT

What is the best way to go about making the transition from boggles to gargs?

Right now I train weapons in boggles and defenses in vines/creepers. I'm having to resort to classes for tactics and stealth for now, is there a better way to train stealth while I mind the gap? 75 ranks and cloth armor is not enough to hide on gargs yet but capped out for boggles...

Sorry for the scattered post, 2AM...
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 12:13 PM CDT
With mid 60s in QS and melee mastery, I've got no real trouble hitting gargs. And there's always paralyze, NB, shove, grapple + cricle; so hitting isn't really that hard with other weapons around 50s. No idea on what to do about stealth though. And I would rather train tactics by analyzing living creatures than classes; I've found that it gains mindstate faster than skinning even.

You're also going to need boxes and skinning for gargs.
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 12:46 PM CDT
If your down in Ilithi and want to stay there try hunting rockies out south gate of shard, they drop boxes and can be skinned.

If you don't mind traveling around there are bloodwolves west of the crossings and north of lang. Dusk ogre's near haven drop a lot of boxes.

Tactics hands down fastest way is to ANA and do the combo, should lock very quickly.

Stealth you should have no trouble hiding in the above mentioned critters. Hide Stalk and Ambush will get stealth moving quickly. More critters in the room will move it more quickly as well.
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 02:03 PM CDT

Do any of the non damaging tactics moves reset the stealth timer?

I'm still working skinning and boxes in kobalds/boggles, slow but faster than weapons. I guess I'll stick around there for a bit longer to cap out the rest of my weapons.

Tactics is actually quite a bit higher than even gargs will teach, and I can only stand with them for a few minutes fully buffed right now. 1vs1 they are ok but more than that they hammer me.

I have a curse of the wilds scroll and was considering learning, how does that compare to para/NB? Does it last longer or more effective or just redundant?

Also have another question, attempting to hit the constructs with brawling moves but keep getting the "you feel nausiated" message even when using attack/attack boggle/punch/punch boggle. Is there a way around this?

Thanks again.
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 02:27 PM CDT
It sounds like we're right about in the same place. That said, I have had no problems with stealth, it literally flies while I'm working my defenses in vines/creepers. I worked hiding up to 78 in blood wolves before heading over to vines, and I end up locking stealth in 5-10 minutes there. When I hide I take all my armor off, including my shield and just utilize evasion and parry and make sure Tranquility is among my buffs. Tranquility makes a very noticible difference at these levels I've found. I don't try to reset any timer, I just hide/stalk/promptly getting searched out hide/stalk/etc...

I found in Blood Wolves everything slowed down significantly at around 90 ranks, but vines/creepers has been training amazingly, including with Empathy via Manipulation, which was at a crawl in Blood Wolves at 94 ranks.
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 02:48 PM CDT

Thanks for the advice, that helps a ton!

Now to get relieved from watch so I can go give it a try...
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 03:17 PM CDT
>I have a curse of the wilds scroll and was considering learning, how does that compare to para/NB?

I haven't used that one, but Lethargy is so powerful that it can make critters so exhasted that they can't fight and last for about 10 minutes or so. Usually what I've fighting dies before it wears off.

>attempting to hit the constructs with brawling moves but keep getting the "you feel nausiated" message

Typing BRAWL will toggle between that and the usual attacks.
Re: Bridging the gap 05/27/2013 04:24 PM CDT
<<Do any of the non damaging tactics moves reset the stealth timer?>>

There is no stealth timer that needs resetting. Stealth is on a diminishing returns system that gives less and less bits per action on the same critter down to a minimum. The only way to "reset" something is to do stealth actions against a new critter, by killing it or moving. That said the minimum amount that one gets can still train well.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF