Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:21 PM CDT
Forgive me for the silly post here, but am I understanding it correctly that empaths can hunt like normal characters, but they just have to hunt constructs?
I've been away for a long time and am recently coming back. This seems rather interesting. Makes me want to dust off my empath and give hunting a shot.
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:28 PM CDT
To my understanding that's correct. You just have to make dead certain they are constructs. And the hunting ladder is kinda sparse and spotty.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:33 PM CDT
yes, although the "constuct ladder" is still rather limited.

From easiest to hardest

1. origami critters in the mill near dirge caravansary
2. boggles near shard - careful here, boggles are mixed in with non-constructs, so can't just "attack", have to attack boggle.
3. MISSING any critter here
4. granite/ quartz gargoyles
5. constructs in cave near rakash villiage
6. having a "senior moment" here, name slips the tongue, those critters down the slope past vipers
7. ???

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:40 PM CDT
> so can't just "attack", have to attack boggle.

Actually, empaths always have to use "attack <name>", or the command doesn't go through.
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:40 PM CDT
Rock Guardians are the ones near vipers right?
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 03:44 PM CDT
yes. name just slipped the memory for a moment, thanks.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Empath Hunting 06/14/2012 04:51 PM CDT
Just filling in the list a bit

>
2. boggles near shard - careful here,

>boggles are mixed in with non-constructs, so can't just "attack", have to attack boggle.

Empaths HAVE to attack <creature> no matter what. It's what makes training bows and crossbows such a pain in the butt.

3. MISSING any critter here <<<true>>>
4. granite/ quartz gargoyles <<< quartz slightly tougher I believe>>>
5. constructs in cave near rakash villiage <<< also lachmates in Hara'jaal in this range>>> (150-225ish)
6. having a "senior moment" here, name slips the tongue, those critters down the slope past viper <<< rock guardians>>>(200-300ish)
7. <<< black marble gargoyles>>>(275-350ish)
8. <<< gam chaga (slightly above BMG + way better spawn>>> (300-450ish)
9. <<< ashu hhivini>>> (500-650)

That's it. On the bottom end if you cap out origami you're going to be near the cap for boggles as well. The 50ish-100 gap is the most significant at the moment.

Two construct needs:

1) 50-100 level
2) Juvie/Assassin level
Re: Empath Hunting 02/24/2014 10:05 PM CST
(I knew someone had already done this list, re-posting)

Just filling in the list a bit

>
2. boggles near shard - careful here,

>boggles are mixed in with non-constructs, so can't just "attack", have to attack boggle.

Empaths HAVE to attack <creature> no matter what. It's what makes training bows and crossbows such a pain in the butt.

3. MISSING any critter here <<<true>>>
4. granite/ quartz gargoyles <<< quartz slightly tougher I believe>>>
5. constructs in cave near rakash villiage (clay archers/soldiers/mages) <<< also lachmates in Hara'jaal in this range>>> (150-225ish)
6. having a "senior moment" here, name slips the tongue, those critters down the slope past viper <<< rock guardians>>>(200-300ish)
7. <<< black marble gargoyles>>>(275-350ish)
8. <<< gam chaga (slightly above BMG + way better spawn>>> (300-450ish)
9. <<< ashu hhivini>>> (500-650)
10. <<<Lava Drake>>>
11. <<<Ice Archon>>> (900-1200)

That's it. On the bottom end if you cap out origami you're going to be near the cap for boggles as well. The 50ish-100 gap is the most significant at the moment.

Two construct needs:

1) 50-100 level
2) Juvie/Assassin level (this now taken care of with Lava Drakes & Ice Archons)

~Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Empath Hunting 02/24/2014 10:19 PM CST
>>Empaths HAVE to attack <creature> no matter what. It's what makes training bows and crossbows such a pain in the butt.

This part is no longer true. Typing "brawl" will toggle to allow you to attack normally or only use none damaging manuvers as they come up in the cycle using the "attack" command. Well with the straight "Attack" command and only using brawling anyway didn't try it with weapons or bows.

> brawl
You will no longer avoid aggressive brawling manuevers.
> attack

< You punch your fist at a black origami grasshopper. A black origami grasshopper attempts to evade.
The fist lands a solid hit to the grasshopper right arm.
[You're adeptly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R>

>brawl
You are now set to avoid aggressive brawling manuevers.
> attack
Feeling some trepidation and concern at the thought of injuring another, you think better of your action.
You cannot seem to do that right now.

Every so often I'd bob instead of getting that message.
Re: Empath Hunting 03/13/2014 11:46 PM CDT
>> 11. <<<Ice Archon>>> (900-1200)

lol, is that an Elanthipedia chart? Watching a combat guild try to hunt Archons at 1200 ranks would be a laugh. And by that, I mean a quick slaughter.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Empath Hunting 03/14/2014 07:37 AM CDT
>Watching a combat guild try to hunt Archons at 1200 ranks would be a laugh. And by that, I mean a quick slaughter.

Agreed.
Barbarian fully buffed at:

Evasion - 1738.95
Defending - 1673.95
Light Armor - 1649.10
Parry Ability - 1630.23
Shield Usage - 1520.12

These still can give me trouble. LOL 900-1200