Rock Guardian loot re-revisited 11/18/2011 09:43 AM CST

I'd like to jump on the rock guardian bandwagon. For the level of difficulty involved, the loot just isn't comparable.

When I was training my weapons in granite gargs, I was pulling in 25pk per day just from the coin drops and bundles that I sold. That didn't include the gem drops or gems from boxes! At the same time, my ranger was hunting in ogres and pulling in close to the same amount. This made sense to me as granite gargoyles and ogres are about the same difficulty.

I then spent some time training weapons on Hara. I had a little trouble killing the lachmates since all of my weapons were right around 150ish, but I was still making a comparable amount.

And then there came rock guardians. I'm slicing through these things like a warm knife through butter. I'm averaging 25-30 weapon ranks per day, which is phenomenal. Unfortunately, with 2 characters killing pretty much non-stop, I'm only pulling in about 30pk per day total, including the gem pouch that I filled. I've filled 17 gem pouches in the last 2 weeks and not a single one of them apps over 17pk. My average gem pouch from gargs/ogres was at least double that.

Could someone please look into guardian loot?
Re: Rock Guardian loot re-revisited 11/18/2011 02:30 PM CST
Seconded, made some posts about this in the past.. Guards definatly don't scale for loot with other creatuers comparable in their range or even below. They used to have a creature-specific gem drop, when that was converted over to the new system I don't think it was converted appropriately for the new changes to loot.
Re: Rock Guardian loot re-revisited 11/18/2011 08:48 PM CST
I always thought rock guardians were balanced badly on many levels. They're traditionally listed as being easier than the forest genies which are right next to their area, but forest genies were WAY easier for me to kill, hit me way less often, and genies taught my offensive and defensive skills much faster. Rock guardians also give a ton less loot, and spawn way too slow. There's really no reason for anyone to ever hunt Rock Guardians unless you're an empath who has to fight constructs

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Apu