Progression 07/03/2010 07:22 PM CDT
Does anyone have a guide on where to start with constructs?
Re: Progression 07/03/2010 07:39 PM CDT
This is for offense only.

0-50: Boggles (shard)
50-120: Granite Gargs (shard, or crossings if you're an estate holder I think)
100-300: Guardians (crossings)
150-400?: Marble Gargs (hib)

Gargs and guardians use evasion as their sole defense, so it is very easy to hit them. If you roll into guardians with 100 offense/defense, you can learn off of them, but they will likely kill you quickly.

You only have to make contact to learn. At the low end of guardians for example, you'll be getting grazing/light strikes. Their natural armor will absorb most of it, but you can lock multiple weapons on a single guardian.

Lethargy is your best friend making the jumps between constructs.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Progression 07/03/2010 07:44 PM CDT
the easiest ones are probably boddles near SCC north of shard.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Progression 07/03/2010 07:47 PM CDT
boggles. can't type today.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Progression 07/04/2010 04:30 PM CDT
To add to the list, been camping out in clay mages past couple weeks (west of Langenfirth). The following information is with 40 in strength, reflex & agility. Depending on your other stats and skills, the magic and special fragment attacks may make these guys problematic.

With your avenger out, you can start at 0 ranks and (painfully) get to where you need to be for them, but looks like 100 ranks in a weapon is where you start hitting them regardless of which you are facing or avenger situation, around 150 is where things train quickly.

I am still learning brawling close to 300, but it's pretty slow, I'd say about 250-260 is where you'd want to move along to the next to make the most of your time.

The clay soldiers seem to teach a bit better (they hold shields) and might move well to 300. I haven't played with the clay archers because that special orb-throw-explode attack still knocks me over pretty frequently.

Also, when I was up checking them out, the Muspar'i constructs were teaching my defenses well over 300's but I didn't spend enough time up there to get much information on the offense training.

Kythryn
Re: Progression 07/04/2010 07:08 PM CDT
Muspar'i constructs? Oooo. Any info on them would be greatly appreciated (skin/boxes etc).

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Progression 07/04/2010 10:35 PM CDT
No skinning, not sure about boxes.
Re: Progression 07/05/2010 04:57 PM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Gam_Chaga

The bottom cap listed here of 330 looks a little high to me, I'd say more like 300, but they are pretty fun messaging-wise.

Kythryn
Re: Progression 07/05/2010 09:57 PM CDT
Awesome. So that probably goes well into 400's (i'm hoping).

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: Progression 07/06/2010 02:44 PM CDT
About the Muspar'i constructs: I got a look at them with my trader, who can hunt crocs and swains without much trouble- and knew that I would be better off not engaging them. Later on Garawul, who happens to be one of the highest Plat Paladins there, said that they were- Pretty high.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Progression 07/06/2010 06:58 PM CDT
ayup, i got a glimsp of them with my necro there, who can hunt 3rd tier brocket deer, and island peccs <regular, not bristle backs>, and they were well beyond her. their masters cast spells recognizable by her, and quite effectively.the constructs are said to be easier than their masters.