First Post 06/01/2010 09:58 PM CDT

First post in the Constructs folder.

Share your knowledge of where they can be found and who can hunt them.

Keep it civil and constructive!

Annwyl
Re: First Post 06/01/2010 10:27 PM CDT
< You chop a twisted rowan broomstick with hazel-twig brush at a rock guardian. A rock guardian attempts to dodge. The broomstick lands a good strike that tattoos a fine imprint of the rowan broomstick onto the guardian's neck and it leans too far, falling.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

THWAP. Consrtucts. You're on notice.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: First Post 06/01/2010 11:04 PM CDT
oh come on I totally wanted first post! damnit!
thanks for the folder btw =D
Re: First Post 06/01/2010 11:49 PM CDT
Anyone messed around with the clay constructs? I just spent a few minutes in there tonight, but couldn't really gauge them. They seemed to have better melee defense than guardians since they parry. They tagged me twice with their special attack when I dropped my evasion and just went with shield, so that could be tricky.

Just a random question: any idea why the clay constructs and guardians seem to be nearly invulnerable to STRA? I can chip away at them with bolt pretty well, but stra just seems to dissapate on impact unless I really juice it up. I'm guessing it has to do with their armor set-up vs. the type of damage. Or is STRA less accurate than bolt? I shred through gargs with STRA, but bolt seems weaker there.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: First Post 06/02/2010 12:35 AM CDT
I spent a good amount of time there testing them out.

I unfortunatly haven't tested anything with STRA.

The mages appear to be the weakest of the bunch.. filling the post gargoyle weapon gap. The soldiers are next doing defenses and weapons decently well through rock guardians level. With 300+ in defenses I got scuffed by a few shards here and there over the course of a half hour but nothing of significance.

The archers are the toughest of the bunch.. while their arrow firing wasn't very difficult for me (hunting above level) their orb throw was VERY tough to avoid. I can imagine someone hunting on level might get wrecked by the arrow/orb attack if not sufficiently prepped defensively.

They are manipulatable.

It seems like a really good place to backtrain weapons between granite gargs and rock guards. The loot and spawn were both very good.
Re: First Post 06/02/2010 01:18 AM CDT
> The archers are the toughest of the bunch.. while their arrow firing wasn't very difficult for me (hunting above level) their orb throw was VERY tough to avoid. I can imagine someone hunting on level might get wrecked by the arrow/orb attack if not sufficiently prepped defensively.

This was also pre-special attack update.. there may have been changes since then.
Re: First Post 06/02/2010 06:03 AM CDT
>This was also pre-special attack update.. there may have been changes since then.

AFTER the special attack update, soldiers actually started hitting my character with it. Defenses are all over 300 with evasion over 360.

My only complaint is that they used to drop boxes at a rate comparable to the undead hordes and now seem to rarely drop at all. Sad panda.

-pete