Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/16/2019 07:25 PM CST
>I've made some tweaks to how mice, and other creatures, flex. Previously, PM, Attunement, and Stealth would increase the flex level if they were higher than weapons and/or defenses. Now it should only take into account combat skills, which now also includes Debilitation.

Hey Javac. Mice aren't flexing properly for me at all. Ever since the last change, they refuse to teach me any defenses.

It doesn't matter how I stance or what weapon I have out, they're always quite badly for all 3 defenses.

You are certain that the mechanical mouse is healthy.
You are certain that it is about as strong as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as agile as you are.
You are certain that it is about as disciplined as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is about as conditioned as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth targe and a simple haledroth parry stick, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a very easy opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with your fists, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a simple opponent.
If you brawled with the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
The mouse appears to be extremely immune to most materials.
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/16/2019 10:33 PM CST
Hey, Binu! I just popped into Discord briefly, and several people have noticed the Mice aren't teaching like they should. I haven't tried the mice myself.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/20/2019 08:17 AM CST
I just put a fix for this issue in Prime and Plat. Please let me know if it's still causing issues.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/20/2019 08:45 PM CST
Thanks, Javac! I'll take a peek later. ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/22/2019 05:52 PM CST
I went and checked them Javac, now they might be a smidge too tough.
I'll check more thoroughly when I have a bit more time.

You are certain that the mechanical mouse is slightly fatigued.
You are certain that it is about as quick to react as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth targe and a haledroth throwing spike, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a slightly less skilled opponent. (-1)
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a haledroth throwing spike, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is an easy opponent. (-5)
If you attacked with a haledroth throwing spike, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you threw the spike at the enemy you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
The mouse appears to be extremely immune to most materials.

Bone Wyverns for comparison:

You are certain that the bone wyvern is healthy.
You are certain that it is about as quick to react as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a haledroth targe and a haledroth bastard sword, you are certain that the bone wyvern is a slightly less skilled opponent. (-1)
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a haledroth bastard sword, you are certain that the bone wyvern is a harmless opponent. (-9)
If you attacked with a haledroth bastard sword, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you threw the sword at the enemy you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train rather well.
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/22/2019 05:52 PM CST
Thanks for the quick fix!
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 02/28/2019 11:04 AM CST
Never mind on that bit about them maybe being too tough. My shield was battered and practically destroyed.
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 03/13/2019 01:31 AM CDT
Hey Javac,

The only real skills my character can learn from the flex mice are weapons (50-60s range) and debilitation (50s range to a certain extent). Armor/Evasion/Parry/Defending (70s) and Tactics(80s) rarely get above dabbling (1/34) mind state.

You are certain that the mechanical mouse is slightly fatigued.
You are certain that it is quite a bit weaker than you are.
You are certain that it is rather less agile than you are.
You are certain that it is rather less disciplined than you are.
You are certain that it is rather less quick to react than you are.
You are certain that it is definitely less conditioned than you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a tempered target shield and a haledroth light spear, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is definitely less skilled.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a haledroth light spear, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a creature completely beneath your notice.
If you attacked with a haledroth light spear, you are certain that the enemy would train somewhat poorly.
If you threw the spear at the enemy you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train somewhat poorly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train very poorly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train somewhat poorly.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train very poorly.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a spell.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.

This is with freshly repaired weapons and armor. Thanks in advance!

-K
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 03/14/2019 03:33 PM CDT
It’s likely because they flex in the middle of your offensive (50s) and defensive (70s) skills. The issue should improve as your offensive skills improve.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Mechanical Mice flexing problem 03/17/2019 04:20 AM CDT
Javac, i just had a thought, after reading the flexing post here. I never thought about it before, but being that my armor and survival are tertiary, my defensive skills will always fall behind my offensive skills. especially if you consider the magic skills are primary and weapons are secondary.

What was the mindset of flexing when it comes to that? I ask, since in my mind, the more you hunt with a flexed enemy, the further that divide will get and the harder the enemy may or may not become. That's not always the reality of things, but from a logical point of view, it just means flexing isn't great long-term.