Enraged tusky 09/22/2018 11:00 PM CDT
When attacking them sometimes the game confuses your weapon for the tusky's own tusks.

< With skill, you slam its huge tusks at an enraged tusky. An enraged tusky badly fails to block with its huge tusks. The tusks lands a good strike to the tusky's right arm.
[You're bruised, winded, nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

~Kehlbins
Re: Enraged tusky 09/23/2018 10:14 AM CDT
On the serious side, this sounds like one of those "lost in the depths of the combat system" quirks that we'd want to fix if we ever have to tear the system apart and start over, for sure.

On the not as serious side, this made me think of beating someone to death with their own teeth, and made me smirk a little.

(To be fair, I went looking through a Halloween decoration department yesterday and there were plenty of rubber arms and legs and stuff, suited for beating the original owner with.)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Enraged tusky 09/25/2018 03:06 AM CDT
I also noticed this back when I was hunting storm bulls.
Re: Enraged tusky 10/22/2018 04:00 PM CDT
I believe it's actually related to the SLAM combat verb. PUMMEL doesn't have this problem.

pummel
< You slam a broad-bladed Dwarven iron voulge with a stout hickory haft at an elder desert armadillo. An elder desert armadillo attempts to dodge. The voulge lands a powerful strike that shatters every bone in the left arm, ripping it from its socket.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

R>slam
< You slam its plated claws at an elder desert armadillo. An elder desert armadillo fails to parry with its plated claws. The claws lands a powerful strike that rips the right arm clean off at the shoulder.
An elder desert armadillo falls over and, after a couple of spasms, is still.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

Pretty consistently happens with SLAM.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Enraged tusky 10/30/2018 12:47 AM CDT
I'm sticking with the idea of ripping out the Tusky's tusks, giving them back the mean way, then gently reinstalling them in it's jaws for it's own use all in a few seconds. Because moon mages are awesome like that.

~Kehlbins