Easy to Hard 12/07/2004 11:29 AM CST
Anyone know the type and ranks needs for each kind of bloodsucker?
Re: Easy to Hard 12/08/2004 07:40 PM CST
Not really 100% on the ranks, but the difficulty order should be right:

-red sand leech - Muspar'i - 50 lessons FA
-green blood worm - croc marsh - 75
-albino forest leech - Throne City boars - 125
-black sand leech - Muspar'i - 200+ (when you get them on your back, unless you have someone with you, they are haaaaard to get off)

Folks should chime in on the ranks though, I was just going off what I remember reading before for the lower ones, educated guess from experience on the top 2.

Kythryn
Re: Easy to Hard 12/29/2004 10:59 PM CST

-black sand leech - Muspar'i - 200+ (when you get them on your back, unless you have someone with you, they are haaaaard to get off)

How accurate do you find your information to be? Also is that for Empaths or Non-Empaths?

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrown upon them." Twelfth Night, Act V. sc. 1.
Re: Easy to Hard 04/15/2005 04:20 AM CDT
Been a long time since this was talked about... But I am bored and I found a little error...

(quote from Kythryn)

(/quote)

Albino leech is capable of attaching to your eyes, in which case, it is almost near impossible to remove without the help of someone else who is pushing 300 ranks in FA. Not fun. =T
Re: Easy to Hard 04/22/2005 07:02 PM CDT
What else lives in the area that houses "red sand leeches" in Muspar'i? I'm sorta desperate for FA ranks, and I'd rather not waste a trip if my ~25th circle (barb equivalent) combat skills would hold up. Are there any other leech types that teach right around 50 ranks?
Sephos
Re: Easy to Hard 04/23/2005 09:50 AM CDT
>What else lives in the area that houses "red sand leeches" in Muspar'i? I'm sorta desperate for FA ranks, and I'd rather not waste a trip if my ~25th circle (barb equivalent) combat skills would hold up. Are there any other leech types that teach right around 50 ranks?
Sephos

You're sorta out of luck. There are sand spiders about the equivelant to those found under the Keep, then it jumps to Westies, Slavers and Nomads. That's all that is there.

Xochi

Re: Easy to Hard 04/25/2005 11:20 PM CDT
My barb used the bloodworms in the croc pits from 50-70 FA.

~Heroiklim

Can you look out the window, without your shadow getting in the way?
Re: Easy to Hard 04/26/2005 12:08 PM CDT
I have 52 in FA and the croc area just before you cross the ferry to Haven works fine.

Durt

> I see dead people...<

Vote for Pedro
Re: Easy to Hard 05/04/2005 01:02 PM CDT
I would say from 50-80(maybe?) use the crocs area near crossing...

After that, you can most likely move up to red leeches. Before the change you would need like 120-130 FA to tend them off, can probably do it at 80 now. =T

BTW, if you curious about black leeches, they are harder because they attach to your back. If thats what you want, just head southward in the sands.
Re: Easy to Hard 05/05/2005 02:49 AM CDT
do the leeches cause infection/disease sans bleeder similar to the bloodworms?

~Heroiklim

Can you look out the window, without your shadow getting in the way?
Re: Easy to Hard 05/18/2005 12:31 PM CDT
>>do the leeches cause infection/disease sans bleeder similar to the bloodworms?

Yes. I used to train my FA there some when there were empaths in there a lot. Not too many hang out there anymore since the changes.

Brabs

It's fascinating, though, how much like an oral culture this can be when it's carried out entirely in text.--GM Natala