Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/19/2003 10:34 AM CDT
We are monitoring the current situation and we will address it as seems best, but we're not hurrying to do so. We want to give it time and see how things play out in the various areas.

However, just so you know, they're not likely to get any easier to remove than they are now... and they're not likely to teach any less than they do now. So... tread with a degree of caution in such areas.

GameMaster Towint B'niyvyl
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/19/2003 12:27 PM CDT
>We are monitoring the current situation and we will address it as seems best, but we're not hurrying to do so. We want to give it time and see how things play out in the various areas.

From what I have seen while playing my empath and certain of my non-empath types, is the bloodsuckers do not teach enough of anything since the downtweak for it to be worth anyone's effort to spend time in those areas.

I can see people continuing to go to the marsh because of the crocodiles, but I do not see why anyone would visit Muspar'i solely for the purpose of visiting leeches, and there is nothing else in that particular area.

I understand they needed to be tweaked and the amount of experience they were rewarding was too much, but I believe sincerely that they need to be re-evaluated because they should be rewarding experience based on the risk factor. Not even a 20th level empath can get above learning in there, and it is definitely a great risk for the lower level empaths.

Also, the first aid experience from them was a great boon and made running around with multiple wounds to tend a thing of the past. With the current learning rate of FA by tending bloodsuckers, it seems 'bleeders' are back in fashion.

~Coine, Xoine, Xalixis and the rest

* Moving poorly and apparently unintentional, a meadow ram charges a raggedy stuffed gargoyle dressed in a ruffled pink skirt at you. You deflect the body with a scimitar. [You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/19/2003 12:58 PM CDT
was in Muspar'I the last 2 or 3 days and only saw 1 empath. so the population has left.

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/21/2003 10:02 AM CDT
Bloodworm difficulty in crocs seems appropriate to me, but their experience rewards look a little out of line with the rest of the game. Bloodworms are still too difficult to tend while I am in combat, causing me 30 second failures 100% with 95 ranks of FA. However, when I tended 10 or 11 worms in about a 2 minute period I only got to thoughtful. I would expect that if I am close enough to the failing that I cannot tend in combat, such a volume of worms should teach slightly more than thoughtful, especually when you take into accound that my vitality was twice reduced to very beat up by so many worms. I do not have access to a character with first aid appropriate to the primary crocodile hunters, but I would hope that they are seeing much better experience rewards for something that is certainly somewhat challenging and definately a threat to life.

-Gheist
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/22/2003 08:55 AM CDT
I am extremely glad that the GM's have stated that they are watching these. Right now, they teach nothing to very very little, at great risk.

Perhaps, what should happen or have happened, is adjust the difficulty and learning rate of the Bloodworms in crocs to that of say 60 FA or so, so its still huntable by the characters who would learn from hunting crocs.

Then up the leeches to teach higher ranges 140 fa and up or so..Black leeches even higher, and perhaps adding in something to hunt in there, like sandpit vipers or something, add a little more risk for the empaths and others that went in there.

The new ones in TC, even higher teaching abilities.

Right now, at a messly 163 FA, I learn nothing, no FA, no Skinning, No mech, no Al..nothing...sad really, was a decent system that just needed some demigraphical changes, not massive tweek downs.

Be well

>Motarra

How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/24/2003 04:21 AM CDT
Motarra, you said it perfectly. Cookie for you.. =)

Understanding comes to those who have realized their true Self. Realization of their true Self comes to those who have gained understanding. BY: ME!

Damn elves are as stupid as they are tall" - Geuno
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/24/2003 05:11 PM CDT
Needs to change. I used to learn FA, skinning, mech and AL from bloodworms. None very fast, but I did learn them all at the same time. Now after tending 30 worms I couldn't get past learning in anything.

Anyway, there's still risk to them, why did the learning disappear?

Dritz
Re: Bloodsucker Adjustments 06/25/2003 06:47 AM CDT
Exactly,
I had one on me that I could NOT get off, tended 12 times or so ended up with a death
arms bleeder and had an empath save my rear.....

The exp was SLAUGHTERED on these things....
So its back to promoting pet bleeders it looks like, joy........

At least with the worms we were actively moving to get the worms then tending them off,
now we go back to "Can someone give me a pet bleeder ...or 5.."

Please up the EXP on worms a bit, or leeches in TC ot Muspar'i, something, anything!