why.. 12/05/2002 06:34 PM CST
The blood worm slips free and quickly slithers away, vanishing from sight within moments.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.

Why do I have to let it "Slither away"....

with enough agility and FA, perhaps one could hold the blood worm and throw it at someone else...

Maybe even keep a jar of blood worms handy...

It would be great if Empaths could throw these blood worms on critters <g>

I don't think that should cause shock...feeding a lil worm some critter blood...It isn't directly harming anything..or maybe it is..

Empaths scare me...

~Mek
Re: why.. 12/06/2002 10:29 AM CST
>It would be great if Empaths could throw these blood worms on critters.

Why not. That would be a great empath brawling move. Also harvesting the worms, thiefs harvest bnoxes why not have empaths harvest bodies. It would teach them the same as tending them off.
They in turn can toss <worm> at said critter, and lower it's vitality. Therefore promoting it's chance of getting a disease, and also dying from a vit death. Would be an indirect way for them to get some of their own loot, and skinning.

Gris
Re: why.. 12/06/2002 10:35 AM CST
While a good idea, this is an idea that would definitely cause shock. Just because the worms are alive does not mean that we aren't responsible, as Empaths, if we use them as a weapon.

Shaunn
Re: why.. 12/06/2002 04:20 PM CST
>While a good idea, this is an idea that would definitely cause shock. Just because the worms are alive does not mean that we aren't responsible, as Empaths, if we use them as a weapon.

Okay then..

How about an empath can randomly throw blood worms into the air as a way of "setting them free so that they might thrive in the wild"

If they happen to land on a critter..."oops"

'be free blood worm!
You say, "be free blood worm!"

beam
You beam!

toss worm
You toss your blood worm into the air, smiling contently as it sails to freedom...

The blood worm lands on a musk hog!

'oops...
You say, "oops..."

whist
You whistle a merry tune.

eh..its a stretch, I know <g>

~Mek
Re: why.. 12/10/2002 12:47 PM CST
What if empaths with enough FA and mech could tend them of and keep them. Then cast CD on them and sell them as vacines to other adventured. Thus if i got a "purified" worm I could put it on and treat the dieseas, how ever would still suffer from the usualy wounds and vit loss associated with worms.

Halfling
Re: why.. 12/13/2002 07:01 AM CST
> What if empaths with enough FA and mech could tend them of and keep them. Then cast CD on them and sell them as vacines to other adventured. Thus if i got a "purified" worm I could put it on and treat the dieseas, how ever would still suffer from the usualy wounds and vit loss associated with worms.

I would love to see bloodletting in the game. It's appropriate to the medieval fantasy setting, and it adds richness to healing (which gets monotonous and needs a lift in style and flair).

Especially now that infections are getting rampant, it would be great for empaths to have this psuedo creation system.

Baboushka
Re: why.. 12/13/2002 08:13 AM CST
>I would love to see bloodletting in the game. It's appropriate to the medieval fantasy setting, and it adds richness to healing (which gets monotonous and needs a lift in style and flair).

Odd. I thought bloodletting was already live.

At least, the fendryads have been using it on me.

~Kodiac