Leeches 11/22/2002 04:38 AM CST
Has anyone seen this before?

You have a small red sand leech on your left leg, a small red sand leech on your left leg, a fleshy red sand leech on your right leg.

It was like that first pulse, didn't have time to become engorged or anything ... was as easy to remove as the normal small red sand leeches. Just a curiosity.

Passionata
Re: Leeches 11/22/2002 03:12 PM CST
<<It was like that first pulse, didn't have time to become engorged or anything ... was as easy to remove as the normal small red sand leeches. Just a curiosity.>>

I've never seen them become engorged. I have seen them become fleshy after a few pulses tho ;)

Then they leave. Havent left a black one on to see if it progresses further however.

Irrad
Re: Leeches 11/22/2002 07:40 PM CST
<<Havent left a black one on to see if it progresses further however.>>

Black leeches do the following:
1) Latch on and start feeding (loss of vitality, fatigue, etc.) and are "small black sand leeches"
2) Get "fleshy" (more wounds, vitality/fatigue loss)
3) Stop eating (stay "fleshy," no more wounds, or vit/fat loss)
4) Get skinny (go back to "small", no wounds, no losses)
5) Repeat steps one through four (one time).
6) Fall off as "small", afer the second round of feeding.

While this means that if you have trouble tending them, you get two shots at tending them in "easy" state (as fleshy leeches), but if you miss out on the first round, they get small again and start doing damage again. It's annoying. ;)

Meghan

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back." - Charlie Brown
Re: Leeches 11/22/2002 08:25 PM CST
::nod:: But my point was this one started out well-fed. He didn't start out like a normal leech, his initial appearance was all fat and bloated. I'm wondering if I got a used leech. ::grin::

Passionata