Group Loot Idea 01/19/2020 12:44 AM CST
So I've been pondering for a while over different ways to make group hunting easier to manage, since I know that's an eventual goal. One thing I've considered is loot distribution. The champion loot sacks that can be looted by everyone are cool, but I doubt it's realistic to implement something like that universally.

But considering the code that's in place, it occurs to me that the autoloot mechanics for the lootpouches could probably be used to direct autoloot to a player's feet slot. With the recent tweak to remove the weight from that (thank you!) this could be a viable way to direct loot to players with an auto-distribution.

expand the GROUP verb to have a group loot option.

GROUP LOOT ON/OFF or if people have ideas for more than just a Round-Robin distribution you could have it GROUP LOOT [OPTION|OFF]

Just kind of guessing blindly at the code behind but: the group object, probably tied to the leader of the group, could track who's in the group and report who gets loot next by simply stepping through each group member and then looping back to the start of the array. Then, when anyone in the group loots, the loot method could call that player's group to get the next recipient, and autoloot to that player's at-feet or autoloot container.

So for example, if Djordje and Maizze are hunting. Djordje loots, and when determining where to send the loot it checks Djordje's group first and sees the next player in the list is Maizze, so it automatically loots to Maizze's feet.
Re: Group Loot Idea 01/21/2020 10:35 PM CST

I love the concept! Usually we're just fighting over who gets to loot it in most cases, hard to catch who killed it every time.