Heavy Thrown and Chains 07/29/2018 12:11 PM CDT
I saw the weapon of returning that was offered at the auction, and it got me thinking if it would be possible for player smiths to add a chain to heavy thrown weapons to produce a similar effect? Im just brainstorming, but the chain could hook to the bottom of the weapon, add 10 stone in weight, and be wrapped around the players arm when not in use (maybe alternate parry stick?). Also, Just for fun it would be neat if Barbarian's whirlwind allowed you AOE attack by whipping the chain/heavy thrown weapon above his or her head in a 360 degree attack.
Re: Heavy Thrown and Chains 07/29/2018 12:25 PM CDT
My cynicism says it would ruin bonding potion sales.

This is a feature literally requested for a decade or more. Dragon priests or zealots do it.

The 'at feet' slot mostly covers it from a mechanical aspect.
Re: Heavy Thrown and Chains 07/30/2018 02:45 PM CDT
A good middle ground might be chains allowing a character to auto-PULL (with 100% success?) a weapon from a critter, similar to how they could at melee. It checks the brawling skill.

Doing it at melee the old fashion way might cause you to not always pull it out, and the benefits of using a chain would be (1) it'll always work and (2) it'll work at any distance. The thing that could make it different than bonding potions/return enchantments would be that it still checks brawling skill, there's a more severe roundtime, and you still risk a balance hit (based on brawling skill).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Heavy Thrown and Chains 07/31/2018 08:47 PM CDT
In general I like the idea...however...

I don't like the idea as it makes every max'ed weapon a ranged maxed weapon with not enough penalty. Spells/Abilities negate the balance problem. Pulsing hiding spells makes this a super nasty OP thing. I think more thought needs to be put into this before it would ever be implemented. And this coming from a Barb, that again, likes the idea.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0