Exo-armor 04/11/2016 02:14 PM CDT
We have exo weapons... what about exo-armor?

I'd love to have a worn item that I could activate to cover my whole body in a single armor type. It could be upgradeable with potency crystals with auto-repair and tiering like the weapons.

Light armor could be exoskeletal bone (obviously)
Chain might be a lattice-work
Brigandine, maybe articulated banding
and Plate would be a full on carapace

This would lock people in to one armor type as far as training is concerned, but it would be pretty handy for the situations where you want to be in your highest armor.

Just to be clear, I'm suggesting a different exo item for each armor type and it would be full body coverage with no option for individual coverage areas. The single armor type restriction could help balance the item.

That is all.
Re: Exo-armor 04/11/2016 02:40 PM CDT
There actually was some fore score and seven years ago. An orb of somesort I believe.

I know that during some premium meetings a few years ago the idea was brought up again as a potential LTB item but I don't know what ever happened with that. I love the idea (especially for my Necromancer) although I don't know about full body just because of the way TDPs are now. I do like that it would be a reason to have one armor type, but I wonder how you make it worth it enough to do so.

Still I love the idea and the potentials for looks/messaging the armor could have.
Re: Exo-armor 04/11/2016 03:52 PM CDT
>>There actually was some fore score and seven years ago. An orb of somesort I believe.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Oddly-shaped_black_orb
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor:Waxy-black_carapace_armor

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Exo-armor 04/11/2016 04:49 PM CDT
Yeah I used to have one of those on one of my characters. It was kind of neat, but I only ever used it to pull out once in a while since I played a barb, and even otherwise it was pretty much crap armor.