SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 11:38 AM CST
Is there any chance we could have a brief "debuff" of sorts added to SHOVE whose potency is based on the level of success? This effect would do nothing but make it harder for the target to stand back up, causing them to tend toward the "tries to stand but fails" result. I find that the vast majority of the time, creatures stand right back up before my roundtime from shoving them is even over, which decreases the tactical advantage that it provides. Concept-wise, maybe they land in an awkward position and have a harder time standing from there unless they take a moment to right themselves first.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 11:47 AM CST
...And now I have another idea to tack on to this. This one is aimed at removing that roundtime with which I'm contending altogether. Basically it's a charged maneuver that removes the roundtime from your next tactical maneuver. So maybe you MANEUVER SHOVE, and it charges up a shove that gives no roundtime once it fires off, that you can then immediately follow up with another command. The usual cooldowns apply.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 11:55 AM CST
Is standing still a function of balance? The balance loss from shove can be pretty nasty. I dunno about the RT angle but this makes me want a manuever that shoves to missile (and maybe trip as a manuever? Would that be more balanced?)

---
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 12:11 PM CST
>>Is standing still a function of balance? The balance loss from shove can be pretty nasty. I dunno about the RT angle but this makes me want a manuever that shoves to missile (and maybe trip as a manuever? Would that be more balanced?)

Standing is still a function of balance but it takes a good deal of effort for it to matter. I've been in the habit of immobilizing mobs before shoving, so I at least have time to get back to melee for an attack or two (vs them standing before I get back to them).

I'd still love TRIP or something to knock something over without taking them to pole, but I also agree that it would be nice to not have to add a bit extra like a debilitation spell to actually hit something prone.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 12:12 PM CST
MANEUVER SUPLEX has a similar issue. I grapple, suplex, and the mob stands before I even stand up myself.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 01:25 PM CST
Yeah, I'm usually spamming WM AoE debilition so I expect my experience with the effectiveness of Shove might be pretty skewed.

There's definitely more room for control options around position manipulation!

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: SHOVE Suggestion 02/23/2016 02:31 PM CST
While tactics is pretty much among the highest offensive combat skills on all my characters, i'm not sure somebody is going to get behind giving it more debilitation like effects. It already doesn't have diminishing returns, and can be used easily in conjunction with other debilitation spells. Plus it doesn't tax any other resources.