Maneuver Disarm? 01/20/2016 10:57 PM CST
With the advent of the at-feet slot, could a disarm maneuver be on the table? Not sure what type of contest to use, something involving the weapon itself, maybe parry and tactics? If successful, knocks the weapon to the at-feet slot, and maybe imposes a small RT, or something to stop you from immediately just picking it back up. And maybe if you lose the contest by a large enough margin, you're disarmed instead.
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/20/2016 11:59 PM CST
I'm not sure how practical this would be, but a similar idea would be polearms with dismounting hooks so that things like black goblins, sentinels, and zealots can be pulled off their mounts?
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/21/2016 11:31 AM CST
I'd love a disarm maneuver. Having it a maneuver as opposed to a normal attack move would also help throttle people from spamming it on every critter, too.

Would be nice if critters disarmed by it don't instantly re-get their items, though.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/21/2016 02:12 PM CST
It does seem weird that the only way to disarm is by magic or outright cutting the arm off. This could be especially nice in group hunting.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/21/2016 03:41 PM CST
I know GM Kodius is busy, and of course I'm rather tired of even attempting to find things on Forums or my massive lists of logs, or any combination of either...

Suffice it to say, that the at foot slot is hoped to be augmented for a few, perhaps even several different things in the coming time. Including the ability to disarm an item and have it go to the at foot slot.

Or perhaps not, because my recollection is very hazy of late.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/22/2016 12:07 AM CST
> It does seem weird that the only way to disarm is by magic or outright cutting the arm off. This could be especially nice in group hunting.
Would it be? I've experimented just a wee bit with Tingle and honestly I can't say that I noticed much of a difference when the target was disarmed. I'm also remembering the old "claw" rock trolls being more lethal without their weapon.

- Saragos
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/22/2016 12:43 AM CST
>I've experimented just a wee bit with Tingle and honestly I can't say that I noticed much of a difference when the target was disarmed.

Now that I think about it, I'm not so sure how much I rely on tingle in the 3.0 environment, but turning off parry defense was often how I moved up hunting ladders. Offensively I've never noticed if it helped.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/22/2016 01:15 AM CST
I used Mental Blast to disarm targets that parried since they were often harder to hit with my tertiary weapons when they were holding it. While they're clearly easier to hit during the stun, they were also noticeably easier to hit after the stun wore off. It was likely a combination of the disarming and the nerve damage, but I think it was primarily the disarm that provided most of the defensive debuff to them since I didn't notice much of a difference in the defence of mobs that don't hold weapons after they've recovered from the intial stun of Mental Blast.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/22/2016 01:00 PM CST
>>Offensively I've never noticed if it helped.

I'd personally chalk this up more to critter weapons not being anything to write home about compared to their natural brawling damage.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Maneuver Disarm? 01/22/2016 03:20 PM CST

I'm 250% behind the idea if maneuver disarm, as well as other disabling maneuvers. Love it!

Even better if there are some generic ones and then ones that are guild based.