Sling improvement 10/19/2018 06:54 AM CDT
I was thinking about this while waiting for my work computer to restart. Bows have a good power curve, and allow snipe, dual load.

Why doesn't sling? Phrase it as you double load the cup or palm an extra.

I was also thinking that a nice feat for slings would be multiple hits. Call it skipped shots or something. Basically ammo hits primary then bounces to secondary. It's not realistic but who cares. It would up the damage output of arguably the worst ranged system in the game and give a unique feature.
Re: Sling improvement 10/19/2018 08:05 AM CDT

I too would love to see this. I'd say the same for Stonebows but that might cause an uproar that only one type of crossbow could "dual load". IMO though dual loading a sling (which is part of a stonebow) is just as feasible as dual loading a bow. I don't see how this could be done with a bolt crossbow though without it being a special type.
Re: Sling improvement 10/19/2018 03:48 PM CDT
On the serious side, slings are on a long list of things that we'd like to improve.

On the silly side, I pictured the messaging "Bob's bolt savagely shatters the critter's left arm, then bounces off and scratches its left eye, too!"

What happens when it bounces back and scratches Bob's eye, though?

So complicated!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Sling improvement 10/19/2018 04:44 PM CDT
I was envisioning it as AOE only style bonus damage. So I can do decent hits to the whole room with sling. Or I can stack up lots of single target damage with dual load via sling.

Crossbow I guess just retains the massive alpha? Maybe allow a crossbow move that penetrates for extra RT.
Re: Sling improvement 10/19/2018 08:14 PM CDT
Sling is ballin with microtrans t6 or whatever and senci or the ammo from corn maze last year. Srsly better than straight bow hunting. Cant speak towards dual load or snipe. But slinging with the higher level stuff is nice nice.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Sling improvement 10/19/2018 10:00 PM CDT
I don't think 'spend 100$ on making a weapon less useless' is an appropriate response when you can, you know, buy a bow in crossings for 3 cents and use it just as well.
Re: Sling improvement 10/20/2018 11:31 AM CDT
>I don't think 'spend 100$ on making a weapon less useless' is an appropriate response

This is DR in the age of microtrans by definition is it not? They don't call it pay2win for nothing.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Sling improvement 10/20/2018 12:13 PM CDT
<<On the silly side, I pictured the messaging "Bob's bolt savagely shatters the critter's left arm, then bounces off and scratches its left eye, too!"
<<What happens when it bounces back and scratches Bob's eye, though?

I know it's too early in the year for this, but millions of parents IG will be saying to all their youngsters who ask for a sling "you'll shoot your eye out!"

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Sling improvement 10/22/2018 03:55 PM CDT
I want an official Rad Rhadyn, carpal action, two-hundred stone dual shot range model air staff-sling!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Sling improvement 10/22/2018 08:19 PM CDT
I second the Rad Rhadyn. I'll take two, one for each hand.