Sling training possible bug 01/20/2013 10:04 PM CST
I have 75 ranks in sling and was shooting elder deer dead and getting no experience for it. Is that because my missle mastery is so far beyond elder deer? Or is that a bug?

- Buuwl
Re: Sling training possible bug 01/20/2013 10:06 PM CST
>>I have 75 ranks in sling and was shooting elder deer dead and getting no experience for it. Is that because my missle mastery is so far beyond elder deer? Or is that a bug?

I believe Brocket deer (and a few other things) are broken because they have terrible defenses. No defense = no challenge = no exp.

Question: This popped up early in the 3.0 release to Plat. Wasn't it fixed?

~The Prydaen~
Re: Sling training possible bug 01/20/2013 10:17 PM CST
>>Question: This popped up early in the 3.0 release to Plat. Wasn't it fixed?

I really remember Socharis or someone saying that they "normalized" all these abnormal critters over in Plat forever ago. I think it was some automated process or something, too.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Sling training possible bug 01/20/2013 10:22 PM CST
From what I can see, elder deer have 70s offense, and 10s defense. I think something in the conversion went wrong with a handful of critters and they'll need to be fixed again. (deer, headsplitters, celpeze, etc).

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Sling training possible bug 01/21/2013 12:41 AM CST
While you are checking critters can you take a look at stalkers on Aesry? They are teaching offense to 400s+ bow and melee very quickly (10/34) in <5m, but I can stand in for a long while, never get hit and barely get defenses beyond 5/34 with mid 300's

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry