Slings RT Reduction 05/30/2010 06:43 PM CDT

Does Staff Sling and sling RT get reduced with ranks? I think not but what to throw that out there just in case.

If not can Staff Sling load time please be reduced by 1 sec?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/30/2010 07:32 PM CDT
>If not can Staff Sling load time please be reduced by 1 sec?

Would it really, honestly, matter? People only use sling/staff sling for the titles anyway. I'd rather the GMs fix the whole system than try to bandage a sunk ship.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/30/2010 08:09 PM CDT
>>Would it really, honestly, matter? People only use sling/staff sling for the titles anyway. I'd rather the GMs fix the whole system than try to bandage a sunk ship.

If you don't use staff sling why reply?

The request is with the assumption it is a fairly easy and low-time involved change, otherwise sure let's wait, but I am sure the GM's can decide this.

Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/30/2010 08:22 PM CDT
It unfortunately does not, unless the reduction comes way later than one would expect.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/30/2010 10:12 PM CDT
>If you don't use staff sling why reply?

See above:

>I'd rather the GMs fix the whole system than try to bandage a sunk ship.

If you're dense, that means I would rather the GMs try to fix the whole system than apply little fixes to insignificant weapons which are universally disregarded and useless.

Your use of GM time directly impacts me, in that you are asking for a weapon no one uses or likes, other than titles, to be worked on, while the GMs could be working on real game-wide issues like the weapon re-write, etc.

And I only say this since you completely devalued my opinion as a response. If you don't want detracting responses, don't post. Email feedback or something.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 12:44 AM CDT
>>Your use of GM time directly impacts me

Reading comprehension....re-read my response and you might get it, probably not though.

>>And I only say this since you completely devalued my opinion as a response.

Pretty much, your opinion is worthless if you have not used the weapon(s) the suggestion is about. And since you are replying with "no one uses".."other than titles" you obviously have some sort of God complex on knowing why everyone uses which weapon.

We all know they aren't the best weapons, if your not bringing something constructive please go away.

Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 01:10 AM CDT
Sling is useful for humiliating people you kill with sling.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 01:18 AM CDT
>>Sling is useful for humiliating people you kill with sling.

See he gets it. :) Well and the possibility of it being better in the remake. Plus there is this:

You slip quietly from your hiding place, convinced that you successfully poached your target.
< You fire a smoky-quartz clump at a Maelshyvean shadow beast. A Maelshyvean shadow beast barely blocks with a leather bound targe. The clump lands a spine-rattling strike that detonates the beast's chest into a shower of rotting flesh and squirming yellow maggots.
The smoky-quartz clump falls to the ground!
A Maelshyvean shadow beast's body is thrown to the ground by an unseen force. It twitches and spasms violently before coming to a sharp halt.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 08:48 AM CDT
Going to have to apologize for that post. And go back to my 'no posting after parties' rule. Sorry about that.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 09:55 AM CDT
You slip quietly from your hiding place, convinced that you successfully poached your target.
< You fire an unicorn-carved stone at a rainbow-hued treehopper toad. A rainbow-hued treehopper toad fails to dodge. The stone lands a massive strike that leaves it with a short bloody stump of a left leg.
The unicorn-carved stone falls to the ground!
The treehopper toad suddenly croaks.
[You're solidly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

Slings have a pretty bad rep, but come on, unicorns and rainbows guys. Unicorns and rainbows.
Re: Slings RT Reduction 05/31/2010 10:50 AM CDT
>>Slings have a pretty bad rep, but come on, unicorns and rainbows guys. Unicorns and rainbows.

Always I want to beeee with you, and make belieeeeve with you, and live in harmony, harmony, harmony OH LOVE.

Dammit, now i'm going to have to go play that game again.