Shield for armor terts 02/04/2014 06:34 PM CST
I may have been working under some false impressions that I'm trying to get cleared up.

Large shields have more hinderance for armor terts than for secondary/primary?

If so, is it possible to work off this hinderance in time or should I just not be using anything that I can't actually wear?

Bought and bonded a nifty large vardite shield and the thing is nigh unusable at 700 ranks of shield.

Is the shield (I have to hold it obviously) counted as an armor skill and I'm just getting a multi-armor debuff from holding it? If so, what armor?

Thanks in advance
Re: Shield for armor terts 02/04/2014 06:39 PM CST
Pretty sure there is no multi armor penalty, but just like other armors types, armor terts can't work hinderance down nearly as much as secondaries or primaries.
Re: Shield for armor terts 02/05/2014 07:30 AM CST
If you're talking about the vardite pavice shield, it is prohibitively hindering and heavy. Terts CAN use it, but I suggest using a shield buff, and stancing 100% shield, Block, and the bulk of the remainder in parry. While all 3 defences are effected by hinderance, shield can take advantage of the big shields stats, and parry can get an effectiveness boost via a high balance weapon.

Samsaren
Re: Shield for armor terts 02/05/2014 02:07 PM CST
It's not worthwhile using a hindering shield like that as an armor tert. If your tert armor a lot of the time your probably survival prime or secondary in which case it's rather silly to nerf your evasion, which hindrance does. Also in most cases you probably don't have a shield buff either. If your a cleric maybe you could make it work since they have a buff and a nice suite of spells to debilitate and hinder attackers.