shield milestone 03/06/2013 10:19 AM CST
Hit what I thought was a fairly significant milestone today. From what I gather, I am about the 4th or 5th person to achieve this, but I am proud either way.

Shield Usage: 1600 00% nearly locked (33/34)

Hunting in intercessors by the way.

Next stop, 1750.

Worril (TF)
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 12:21 PM CST
Congratulations! That is a high number!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 02:04 PM CST
Good stuff. If you don't mind, what is parry and evasion as a percentage of shield? I am curious how far the gap gets when the numbers get that high.

Madigan
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 02:32 PM CST

Parry and evasion are both right around 1250. I didn't always train evasion or parry as hard as shield, but the gap is definitely noticeable.
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 07:15 PM CST
Worril, you are the man. Very impressive.

Bobbybooshay

"Nope, I decided parry will remain completely and utterly useless. Try something else."
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 09:25 PM CST
That's awesome.

What shield are you using, at those ranks? Arm worn or held? Size?

Pants.
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 09:31 PM CST
I am using a Large Tyrium shield, arm worn.

You are certain that it imposes great (11/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is large in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers good (9/19) to very great (14/19) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
very severe (14/26) impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/13) balanced and is reasonably (7/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is heavily scratched and notched (30-39%).

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the tower shield weighs exactly 277 stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 3354583 dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
Re: shield milestone 03/06/2013 09:52 PM CST
Would you mind posting your appraisal subs that show the number value/item conditions?
Re: shield milestone 03/07/2013 01:27 AM CST
>>Quiteright: Would you mind posting your appraisal subs that show the number value/item conditions?

If you're looking for the actual settings, here is the latest version for Genie:

Genie Bulletin: http://www.genieclient.com/bulletin/files/file/15-numerical-appraisal-subs-30/

Elanthipedia: http://www.elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Genie_Numerical_Appraisal_Subs

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: shield milestone 03/07/2013 06:04 PM CST
Thank you Isharon! Apologies for derailing the thread. Congratulations to Worril as well.