The Best Large Shield 11/30/2012 04:51 PM CST
What's the best large shield in the game? Which large shields come in 2nd and 3rd place?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: The Best Large Shield 11/30/2012 05:04 PM CST
I'd ask for a split between commonly available, and player made/absolute best stuff? Cause the one-of-a-kind-auction shields or 'takes 400000 stone of demon's tears' stuff...

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: The Best Large Shield 11/30/2012 05:05 PM CST
Haha, ok, player made and/or auction quality level :)

~ Leilond
Re: The Best Large Shield 11/30/2012 06:50 PM CST
The Carapace Shield from I believe Kanton's is considered the best, there was some testing on an Audraelm cut with Platinum Large shield that seemed up there but had slight difference in certain edges(I think it was lighter which may be what some like).

Re: The Best Large Shield 11/30/2012 08:33 PM CST
I made a vardite tower shield on test fully weighted, had great hinderance, moderate to very impressive protection, 281 stones. It was the most protecting shield i've seen, even better than my old crescent shaped tower.
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/02/2012 06:45 AM CST
>>I made a vardite tower shield on test fully weighted, had great hinderance, moderate to very impressive protection, 281 stones. It was the most protecting shield i've seen, even better than my old crescent shaped tower.

Would you mind pasting the full app?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/02/2012 02:06 PM CST
This is the app after reinforcing, it stayed in the same ranges of protection and went up in weight and one in hinderance.

You are certain that it imposes extreme (12/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is large in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers moderate (10/26) to very impressive (21/26) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
very severe (14/26) impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/14) balanced and is reasonably (7/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is unusually resilient to damage (16/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the tower shield weighs exactly 337 stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 4371125 kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
R>
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/02/2012 02:15 PM CST
Thanks for all the responses. Basically I'm trying to determine if I'd be better off using my small arm-worn against ranged and TM, or if I'd actually do better off having a big shield on my back that I pull off until I get to melee.

~ Leilond
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/03/2012 01:34 PM CST
Damite tower shield:

You are certain that it imposes great (11/15) maneuvering hindrance.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers moderately good (11/26) to very impressive (21/26) protection.

no (0/26) slice damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/14) balanced and is reasonably (7/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the damite shield is extremely resistant to damage (15/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

About 250 stones.

And for those interested.. with DA on the test server - not capped (same as I get capped in prime):

You are certain that it imposes great (11/15) maneuvering hindrance.

You are certain that the shield offers good (12/26) to incredible (23/26) protection.

no (0/26) slice damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the damite shield is extremely resistant to damage (15/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/03/2012 02:04 PM CST
Was that damite shield made on live or test? Trying to figure out why damite is getting more bottom end protection than vardite.
Re: The Best Large Shield 12/03/2012 10:31 PM CST
Some time ago on live.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.