Repair 06/16/2012 10:29 AM CDT
I have a store-bought buckler that cannot be repaired at the metal repair or the leather repair shops. Where can these be repaired?

It's from a racial specialty shop, if that matters.

"4.116 Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." ~Wittgenstein, 'Tractatus'
Re: Repair 06/16/2012 11:19 AM CDT
Are you absoultely sure it can't be repaired at metal or leather/wood? What's the item, which repair facilities did you try?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Repair 06/16/2012 04:31 PM CDT
I tried Catrox's Forge and Randal's in Wolf Clan.

This is the item:

a small buckler shaped like an acorn

>l buckler
The small buckler looks somewhat damaged.
You see nothing unusual.

>app buckler
You are certain that it imposes trivial maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is small in size.

You are certain that the buckler offers terrible to low protection.

You are confident that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
somewhat moderate impact damage

You think it is likely that the buckler is fairly balanced and is dismally suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the small buckler is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is rather scuffed up.

It appears that the small buckler can be worn on the left arm.
The small buckler has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the small buckler is worth exactly 5000 lirums.

"4.116 Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." ~Wittgenstein, 'Tractatus'
Re: Repair 06/16/2012 05:58 PM CDT
Care to share the messaging when you try to repair the shield at Randals? It's working fine for me.

You move a small buckler shaped like an acorn to your right hand.
!> give rand
Randal looks over the buckler and says, "That will cost 25 Kronars to repair. Just give it to me again if you want, and I'll have it ready in 1 roisaen."
!> give rand

You hand Randal 25 Kronars and he gives you back a repair ticket. Randal says, "I will complete this work for you in about 1 roisaen. Please don't lose this ticket! You must have it to reclaim your buckler."

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: Repair 06/16/2012 06:09 PM CDT
It's working now. Strange, it definitely wasn't before. I am sure I've tried fixing it there at least once in the last few days. And a bunch of times in the previous few months.

Thanks for the help!