Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 05/31/2015 06:41 PM CDT
> Howdy folks. I added support for the mirror ava weapons auctioned off. They should now have a bit more slice damage if you have sufficient polearms skill.

According to the appraisals I did a few days ago, this was already the case. Was the combat system not recognizing it?
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 05/31/2015 07:15 PM CDT

This is what is on Elanthipedia

Puncture: very heavy (10/26)
Slice: somewhat fair (4/26)
Impact: somewhat fair (4/26)
Force of Impact: poorly (3/17)
Balance: excellently (12/17)
Suitedness: excellently (12/17)
Construction: rather reinforced (11/17)

This is what mine is appraising at now

very heavy puncture damage
somewhat heavy slice damage
somewhat fair impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The mirror ava is poorly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the ava is amazingly balanced and is excellently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the mirror ava is rather reinforced against damage, and is in pristine condition.

of course the balance and suitedness difference is because of my stats.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 05/31/2015 08:44 PM CDT
How much polearm skill do you have?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 05/31/2015 09:04 PM CDT

I'm currently at around 280. 94 agility and 60 strength if that matters.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 05/31/2015 11:18 PM CDT
I picked the ava up in plat.

> app ava
You can see the challenge to your abilities reflected among the ancient runes etched into the polished surface of the mirror ava.

A T'Kashi mirror ava is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.
A T'Kashi mirror ava trains the polearm skill.

You are certain that it could do:
very heavy (10/26) puncture damage
heavy (9/26) slice damage
somewhat fair (4/26) impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The mirror ava is poorly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the ava is incredibly (12/14) balanced and is amazingly (13/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the mirror ava is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The mirror ava is made with metal.
You are certain that the mirror ava weighs exactly 60 stones.
You are unable to determine the value of the mirror ava.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

136 pole, 100 strength, 90 agility.

I know Persida said it was intentional that the weapon be a tier 4 template with the mirror enchantment, but I tested it out against a quest skefne, and the skefne actually came out marginally ahead (basically the same total rt to kill 20 peccary, 136 pole 1030 melee mastery); somewhat disappointing for a mirror weapon. Any way this could get a slight boost at all? Maybe a tick more puncture?
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 12:16 AM CDT
Get more polearm skill and you should see the slice go up.

Also, balance won't affect single-target DPS measurably. It increases your chance to recover when you'd have otherwise missed. This can be extremely helpful when trying to hit something you a low chance to hit.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 02:10 AM CDT
> This is what mine is appraising at now

Right, my character with 687 ranks appraised it with the same slice during the auction, while my character with 0 ranks appraised it as low slice. So I'm not clear what Kodius changed.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 12:06 PM CDT
The amount of slice it caps at has increased significantly.

Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 02:14 PM CDT
> The amount of slice it caps at has increased significantly.

Ah, okay.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 04:56 PM CDT
Did this get updated in TF? This is the appraisal from someone with 991 ranks in Polearms. It's the same as my 280 ranks.

> appraise my ava
You can see the challenge to your abilities reflected among the ancient runes etched into the polished surface of the mirror ava.

A T'Kashi mirror ava is a halberd pole-ranged weapon.
A T'Kashi mirror ava trains the polearm skill.

You are certain that it could do:
very heavy (10/26) puncture damage
somewhat heavy (8/26) slice damage
somewhat fair (4/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damage

The mirror ava is poorly (3/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the ava is incredibly (14/17) balanced and is incredibly (14/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the mirror ava is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The mirror ava is made with metal.
You are certain that the mirror ava weighs exactly 60 stones.
You wonder if the mirror ava is probably worth around a small mint in Dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 05:36 PM CDT
The suitedness did change from when Rishlu held it, but none of the damage stats did.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 05:38 PM CDT
>The suitedness did change from when Rishlu held it, but none of the damage stats did

right, sorry, when I said exactly the same I meant the slice
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 07:56 PM CDT
No, not in TF yet. I'll be making a big sync there (which will include all the shaping stuff) this weekend. I generally leave TF alone initially in case I need to revert something that breaks.

Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 08:58 PM CDT

Will the sync also include the spell window? Please?
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/01/2015 09:00 PM CDT
>> No, not in TF yet. I'll be making a big sync there (which will include all the shaping stuff) this weekend.

And the spell window? Please please please.
Re: Bug Fix - Mirror Ava 06/10/2015 08:25 PM CDT

Spell window is also missing in DR:test while you all are discussing it.