Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 04:14 PM CST
In attempting to put together a comprehensive "<maneuver> help full" list I discovered four that were not working properly:

Swing
Usage:
SWING LOOK
SWING [TO] {direction|DOWN|OUT|item} ON {item}
SWING {item} [around] or [over|head]

Slap
Slap Help: If engaged with target at melee slap will default to an attack. Otherwise, you can utilize the verb for role-play purposes.
SLAP [TARGET]
SLAP HARD [TARGET] - May leave a mark!

Block
What do you want to defend against?

Retreat
You are already as far away as you can get!
Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 04:17 PM CST
Also, Knee is listed as a damage dealing maneuver, but I assume it uses brawling skill to make the attack? If this isn't true where does it fit into overall combat?

Knee
Knee is a damage dealing maneuver.
Knee tends to be a somewhat fatiguing maneuver. Attacking again too soon can make this worse.
Knee tends to be unbalancing.
Knee is a quick maneuver, but heavy or unbalanced weapons can slow the attack further.
gouge
Knee is more accurate than most maneuvers, and is best suited for impact weapons and least suited for slice weapons.
Knee temporarily penalizes all defenses, but is best suited to shield defenses and least suited to both evasion and parry defenses.

Also, you must be grappling to use Knee, which reinforces the brawling aspect.
Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 04:43 PM CST
Yes, knee is a brawling maneuver.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 04:53 PM CST
I fixed SLAP, SWING and BLOCK. RETREAT has no help associated with it, as it isn't a direct combat maneuver.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 06:22 PM CST
Looks good!

Not to be a nag, but Knee is still listed as a damage dealing maneuver.

Thank you.
Re: Styles Explained 01/26/2013 06:25 PM CST
Small typo in block help full,

"BlOCK STOP will clear your arrangement of your combatants and they will return to normal advancement."

BlOCK = BLOCK
Re: Styles Explained 01/27/2013 02:34 AM CST
>>Also, Knee is listed as a damage dealing maneuver, but I assume it uses brawling skill to make the attack? If this isn't true where does it fit into overall combat?

>>Not to be a nag, but Knee is still listed as a damage dealing maneuver.

Knee IS a damage dealing maneuver.

You need to be grappled to use it, yes, and grapple is now a Tactics maneuver in 3.0 instead of a brawl maneuver, so KNEE is weird in that you need to use a lore skill in order to employ your brawling-based damage attack. But nothing listed there is incorrect.