Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 07:11 AM CDT
I'm looking for anyone who has "a thin-bladed <metal> fan" or "a <metal> nightstick;" I'd like to find out whether these weapons train Light Thrown or Heavy Thrown.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 05:27 PM CDT
Doesn't thrown skill on non-throwing weapons depend purely and exclusively on weight? I want to say anything over 40 stones is heavy, under is light?
Re: Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 06:06 PM CDT
>Doesn't thrown skill on non-throwing weapons depend purely and exclusively on weight? I want to say anything over 40 stones is heavy, under is light?

Yep, though for the life of me, I can't recall what the weight break point is.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 07:36 PM CDT
>>Yep, though for the life of me, I can't recall what the weight break point is.

From some quick, limited testing earlier today, the break point is somewhere between 16-25 stones. I used a 25 stone bludgeon and 26 stone steel nightstick (min weight for steel) and they both taught HT when thrown. The only thing I had lighter on me was a 16 stone stiletto, which taught LT when thrown. I didn't have time/motivation to forge up weapons at different weights to find the exact number. My guess is either below 25 or 20 stones.
Re: Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 07:37 PM CDT
>> >Doesn't thrown skill on non-throwing weapons depend purely and exclusively on weight? I want to say anything over 40 stones is heavy, under is light?

>> Yep, though for the life of me, I can't recall what the weight break point is.

I did some very basic testing, using store-bought weapons, and found this not to be true. I found that some lighter weight weapons were training Heavy, and some heavier weapons were training Light. My suspicion at the time was that size also played some sort of role. I don't believe I kept the data, or at least if I did I can't now find it, so I'm planning to do some more testing in a few minutes and I'll post the results.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
Re: Thin-bladed Fan or Nightstick 06/02/2015 10:09 PM CDT
Well, now I'm getting far more regular results; everything I could get my hands on at 20 stones and below trained Light Thrown, and everything 25 stones and above was Heavy Thrown. I couldn't find any store-bought weapons in the 21-24 stone range, though.

I