Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Gnomish Knosa-Zaya 06/08/2014 07:32 PM CDT
<< Or ... it would be interdependent if you couldn't just buy all that stuff from the crafting societies directly anyway. :) Still, it's there! For us to use!

All those materials that you just buy now will have a crafted analogue eventually. The crafted version will likely be much better, and the store bought will just be there for convenience. Like tools are now.
Re: Gnomish Knosa-Zaya 06/08/2014 07:49 PM CDT
>>All those materials that you just buy now will have a crafted analogue eventually.

Ehhhhhhhhhh... I don't think will is accurate.

>>The crafted version will likely be much better

I think the jury's still out on if things like crafted padding are going to be better than store padding. Right now they're just additional things you need. They don't determine anything about the product.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Gnomish Knosa-Zaya 06/10/2014 12:54 PM CDT
Well label me biased but I'd say the Gnomish Knosa-Zaya has survived the forum trial by fire so far. Is there any chance of real implementation at this point? Any GM interest from the gnome advocate or anything like that?
Re: Gnomish Knosa-Zaya 06/15/2014 04:14 PM CDT
There are the trader swappable that may apply, since they require engineering to repair when they get stuck:

>turn shaper
Pressing firmly on a recessed catch, you deftly pull the shaper's blade away from its handle. With a click the blade snaps into its new position leaving you with a platinum-inlaid carving knife set with a large diamond.
>turn knif
Pressing firmly on a recessed catch, you deftly turn the knife's blade back towards its handle. With a click it snaps into place leaving you with a platinum-inlaid wood shaper set with a large diamond.

Also there are some worn items that turn into weapons:

>rem bark tail
You remove a carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark tailband bound in twine from your tail.
>turn my bark tail
With a flick of your thumb, you spin your bark tailband into the air. As it starts its downward spiral toward you, the bark tailband suddenly explodes into a fine mist, expanding into a carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark katavdar bound in twine as it settles into your palm.
>app kata
A carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark katavdar bound in twine is a light thrown and light blunt melee-ranged weapon.
A carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark katavdar bound in twine trains the light thrown and small blunt skills.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
fair impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The bark katavdar is dismally designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the katavdar is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bark katavdar is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The bark katavdar is incredibly pliant.
You are certain that the bark katavdar weighs exactly 30 stones.
You are certain that the bark katavdar is worth exactly 6250 Kronars, 5000 Lirums, or 4510 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
R>turn kata
With a flick of your thumb and a turn of your wrist, the katavdar trembles then shrinks, settling into your palm as a carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark tailband bound in twine.
>wear tail
You attach a carved hhr'lav'geluhh bark tailband bound in twine to your tail.
Abison/Rystien
Re: Gnomish Knosa-Zaya 06/16/2014 08:00 AM CDT
Thank you! Its nice to see precedents and, I hope, foundation coding that does not have to be built from scratch. I'm curious what GMs have to say now. I find this exciting!
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page