Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 03/12/2014 09:50 AM CDT
I was wondering if anyone has a ballpark figure of what kind of stats I need for minimum RT with a 75 stone kertig quarterstaff. I have 50/50 strength/agility and I'm not at minimum yet. Can I get the RT down further by just training agility (since it's soundly balanced) or do I need more of both? I'm just not clear on how the formulas work.

A kertig quarterstaff is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.
A kertig quarterstaff trains the stave skill.

You are certain that it could do:
somewhat heavy puncture damage
dismal slice damage
extreme impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The quarterstaff is very well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the quarterstaff is soundly balanced and is soundly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the quarterstaff is unusually resilient to damage, and is practically in mint condition.

The quarterstaff is made with metal.
You think it is likely that the quarterstaff weighs around 75 stones.
You are certain that the quarterstaff is worth exactly 388080 Lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 03/12/2014 10:03 AM CDT
> I was wondering if anyone has a ballpark figure of what kind of stats I need for minimum RT with a 75 stone kertig quarterstaff. I have 50/50 strength/agility and I'm not at minimum yet. Can I get the RT down further by just training agility (since it's soundly balanced) or do I need more of both?

Looking at the data I've gathered for other weapons, my guess is you'll need a weighted average of 60 points. Since it's soundly/soundly, strength and agility should contribute roughly equally to that average. So if you want to only train agility, 70 agility / 50 strength should do it or come close.
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 03/12/2014 04:40 PM CDT
Thanks for the input!
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 02:10 PM CDT

Well, reading this post got me thinking about roundtimes but when I tried to look it up and figure it out for my holy weapon quarterstaff I honestly couldn't make heads or tails of it. This weighs exactly 30 stones and this Appraise includes a 50-mana Rutilor's Edge that I normally use. How do I figure out what the lowest RT I can squeeze out of this thing is and what stats I need to reach it? I'm a gnome and I tend to focus on agility and speed.

A glaes quarterstaff is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.
A glaes quarterstaff trains the stave skill.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
dismal slice damage
very great impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The quarterstaff is reasonably designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the quarterstaff is superbly balanced and is inadequately suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the quarterstaff is quite guarded against damage, and is in pristine condition.
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 02:39 PM CDT
It's been a while since I collected data on this, but my guess is that the best you'll get is a 4 second slice. To achieve that, you'll need 25 effective strength. Since that staff's so heavily weighted for balance, 'effective strength' is a bit of misnomer; it's mostly agility. Assuming 10 strength, you'll almost certainly reach min RT by 30 agility--sooner with more strength.
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 02:49 PM CDT

Thank you so much! My curiosity was killing me! lol

Strength : 24 + Reflex : 40 +
Agility : 41 Charisma : 30
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 30
Intelligence : 40 Stamina : 30 +

So.... I'm there? :)
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 02:50 PM CDT
I hope so. Give it a slice and see if I'm right?
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 05:56 PM CDT

Yep a 4 second slice- you're good! Is that pretty good?
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/25/2014 06:01 PM CDT
Every weapon of the same class has the same min RT, so every quarterstaff can reach 4 seconds. The only difference is how easily you can reach that min.
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/27/2014 06:52 PM CDT

Ah, okay. Interesting! I appreciate the info. For some reason I was thinking high weapon balance would lower min RT. Well... I could argue realism but meh. Oh well. Balance still helps my damage (agile gnome here) and parrying. Thanks again!
Re: Min RT for kertig quarterstaff? 05/30/2014 09:13 AM CDT
No, but that's a spectacular idea. Balance right now is a pretty underwhelming stat imo.