In search of a good combo... 06/25/2012 08:28 PM CDT
Anyone have an amazing combo for the new forgable quarterstaffs or pike staffs?

With the quarterstaff, I've been using Parry, Feint, Draw, Slice, Sweep, Chop.
Using 'Attack' gives you Thrust, Sweep, Chop.

I'm trying to take full advantage of the weapon's damage capabilities, and since it stacks puncture/impact damage I'm not sure what a good combo is to use.
Re: In search of a good combo... 06/25/2012 08:34 PM CDT
I use draw/slice/feint sweep/chop. Same basic combo you're using but without the parrying and extra feint. Sweep provides a defensive penalty, which is why I feint that, but I personally find the extra parry and feint to be superfluous. Continually looping right to draw again from chop will be a miniscule balance penalty (usually not enough to even drop you one balance category), but the bonus from the previous three maneuvers easily outweighs this. You will usually be incredibly/nimbly balanced, and should never drop below solidly.
Re: In search of a good combo... 07/31/2013 12:36 AM CDT
swing, swing, swing, toss in a bash once in awhile.
I'd recommend using impact attacks over slice attacks, depends on your weapon though, I use a capstan bar, and it's all impact.

Re: In search of a good combo... 08/04/2013 02:11 AM CDT
Well, with the DR3 combat I've been using swing, bash, and pummel. Shove really helps a lot to throw them back to pole, too.