Nightstick 10/21/2011 09:17 AM CDT

Anyone know a good combo for the short staff? Would be greatly appreciated. Besides the Attack, Attack, Attack method? Just to me seems...generic. I like the things like, Parry/draw/sweet/slice/chop. Feels like my character is really doing something. Thanks in advance!!!!

Jim
Re: Nightstick 10/21/2011 09:38 AM CDT
Parry, thrust, sweep.

---
Now with 20% more lightning.
Re: Nightstick 10/21/2011 10:23 AM CDT
To expand: parry, thrust, FEINT sweep, chop, jab.

Chop is your damage blow. Sweep obviously does the job, but it tanks you defensively.

Also, the more moves between your defense actions (parry, dodge) the better, provided you can maintain balance/position.
Re: Nightstick 10/21/2011 03:21 PM CDT
Dodge -> Feint -> Draw -> Slice -> Thrust -> Feint+Sweep -> Chop -> Jab -> Dodge

I also use this one with quarter staff.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Nightstick 10/21/2011 03:27 PM CDT
I'm backtraining, and I use draw/slice/sweep/bash. It's a constant stream of damage blows, and my balance is okay but not great. Since I'm not worried about being hit, the lack of balance and the defensive penalty from sweep aren't a concern.
Re: Nightstick 10/21/2011 11:51 PM CDT

schweetness!!!!! thanks all!!

Jim
Re: Nightstick 10/22/2011 10:58 AM CDT
And for offhand a nightstick is great. HE/ME in right hand, SS in left use slice, sweep left, repeat. HB/MB/LB in right, SS in left use sweep, bash left, repeat.

Abison