SS stats 07/14/2010 10:26 AM CDT
Saw these threads.

Try the nightstick from boarclan pretty sure it had moderate impact. but a little heavier.
Re: SS stats 07/15/2010 10:18 AM CDT
Why don't you just forget about short staff and hope like the rest of it that it goes away?

- Terra
Raesh gives Terra wings. And then rips them off and beats her with them.
Re: SS stats 07/15/2010 10:23 AM CDT
>>Why don't you just forget about short staff and hope like the rest of it that it goes away?

I still train it actually, because I've found it's actually pretty easy to train. Hits like a rolled-up newspaper, of course, even with the best possible nightstick.

Plus I'm holding out for a belaying pin.
Re: SS stats 07/15/2010 04:43 PM CDT
Belayin Pins ive seen... i think it was a Heavy blunt that the Bloody Buccaneer had....
Re: SS stats 07/15/2010 05:01 PM CDT
Unless your training both, just train QS for now since the skills will be combined. QS while not the greatest either hits a bit better and harder.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: SS stats 07/17/2010 08:16 AM CDT
Because i have characters that train SS, and not QS. And was just answering a question tho very late. While you might hate SS, my decisions shouldnt bother you. Ss has been fun and is good for RP and my character.
Re: SS stats 07/17/2010 06:43 PM CDT
Because short staff makes for a great off-hand weapon with the easiest combos.

ME/HE(right)/SS(left): slice, sweep left and repeat

MB/HB(right)/SS(left): sweep, bash left and repeat
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 08:57 AM CDT
can you use short staff if your weapons tert?

Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 09:34 AM CDT
>can you use short staff if your weapons tert?

Your skill set placement doesn't effect what weapons you can use, only how quickly you'll learn the skill.

~Jalich
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 09:41 AM CDT
<<Your skill set placement doesn't effect what weapons you can use, only how quickly you'll learn the skill.

I think something was left out of the question. Instead it should have been: can you use short staff in your offhand if you're weapons tert?

Nikpack
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 10:30 AM CDT
>can you use short staff in your offhand if you're weapons tert?

Yes:

H> attack left
You leap out of hiding and ambush an adult desert armadillo, completely surprising it.
< Driving in like an adept combatant, you chop a short steel spear at an adult desert armadillo. An adult desert armadillo partially blocks with its plated hide. The spear lands a solid hit that turns the quadricep to mush and crushes the femur in a mighty strike across the left leg.
[You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 03:52 PM CDT
Unexpected...

>bash left
< You chop a lead-filled wooden truncheon at a giant thicket viper. A giant thicket viper attempts to evade. The truncheon lands a massive strike that drives the lungs into the throat with a strike to the solar plexus.
A giant thicket viper rises up threateningly one last time before collapsing.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

A lead-filled wooden truncheon is a short staff melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the truncheon is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 04:06 PM CDT
Yes skillset does determine what you can use offhand. Weapon prime HE/HB and down. Weapons secondary get ME/MB and done. Weapon terts get LE/LB. Though they never said where SS fit in there that's the breakdown for offhand

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: SS stats 07/18/2010 04:59 PM CDT
I'm weapon secondary and I could use SS offhand.
Re: SS stats 07/19/2010 09:42 AM CDT
I'm a trader and use it. So yes, weapon terts can use SS offhand.