Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 08:30 AM CDT
I don't care about RT much but I was surprised at how quickly I grew tired swinging a 50 stone QS with a 6 second roundtime. With 30 stamina I would think fatigue wouldn't be an issue with such a huge RT. Is there some sort of secret fatigue penalty for using QS weapons or after using forged am I out of touch with how tiring heavier weapons are?

Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 09:10 AM CDT
>>Am I out of touch with how tiring heavier weapons are?

This, pretty much.

Pause another second or two between swings and you should be fine.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 09:47 AM CDT
QS always seemed like the worst weapon to me as far as weight/damage is concerned. Not sure if you're just playing around, going for a title or what, but I definitely wouldn't pursue it seriously.

~ Purehand

Thank you for constructs.
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 10:31 AM CDT
>With 30 stamina I would think fatigue wouldn't be an issue

I don't know where everyone gets the idea that 30 stamina is great, but there's many many situations where having more stamina is good. This is one of them.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 12:38 PM CDT
>I don't know where everyone gets the idea that 30 stamina is great, but there's many many situations where having more stamina is good. This is one of them.

This. And soon to be every situation. The days of being able to swing a sword all day without tiring are numbered.

-pete
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/07/2010 02:42 PM CDT
Quaterstaves in general consume a bit more fatigue given equal weight.

That being said, everything else is right.

I know all about Paladins, trust me. All they do is boss you around and tell you what to do.
"Don't walk on the grass, don't litter, don't rape the cycle of life with your unclean Power" blah blah blah.
-Tsukiko OOTS
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/08/2010 03:44 AM CDT
Switch up your staff.. the 50 stone ones are useless, even at high levels as far as I'm concerned. Grab yourself a pike staff from swampies east of Haven. Apps something like f/p/m 35 stones. You'll be surprised at how useful a QS suddenly seems.

When I got to around 40 strength, I upgraded to a 65 stone glaive (m/f/g I think), but there's really no place for the "standard" QS (50 stones, n/n/h).

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/08/2010 04:05 AM CDT
>Switch up your staff.. the 50 stone ones are useless, even at high levels as far as I'm concerned.

>there's really no place for the "standard" QS (50 stones, n/n/h).

Disagree. Standard QS works nicely in armadillos. But QS is a weak weapon class in general.

>describe boar
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/10/2010 12:12 PM CDT
I have no fatigue issues and a 3/3/3 RT on my QS that I use semi-regularly. I use it more for RP style, because other pole range weapons such as halberd are far superior.

Anyway, here are my relevant stats (The AGI is why the RT is low, but has nothing to do with the no fatigue, to my knowledge)

STR: 37
STA: 40
AGI: 60

An iron-capped quarterstaff intricately carved from sana'ati wood is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
heavy impact damage

You are certain that the quarterstaff is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the iron-capped quarterstaff is of average strength, and is in pristine condition.

You are confident that the iron-capped quarterstaff weighs about 45 stones.

It's an altered lead-capped QS wrapped in sharkskin

- Terra
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/10/2010 12:23 PM CDT
>3/3/3 RT

This info is more meaningful if you post what combo you're using. Since 3 isn't the min RT for all QS attacks, you're kind of giving redundant info also.

>describe boar
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 05/17/2010 08:51 AM CDT
I just use attack, because well, that's all I care to use. I don't mind if the information is redundant, I felt like posting the information and it may be helpful to someone. If it is, it is. If it's not, I don't think anyone was really put out by reading the post.

Anyway, looks like it was thrust/sweep/chop which I just tested again to be sure.

- Terra
Re: Fatigue on a 50 stone QS 07/18/2010 04:33 PM CDT
As for fatigue on QS and every weapon. I mean EVERY weapon class has the same fatigue cost based on weight. I made a spreadsheet when I was bored (then obsessed), testing a wide range of weapons from every class as my low circle Barbarian trained STA and STR.

There are 6 different stages of Fatigue cost.
Here are some excerpts:

Weapon Class and Exact Weight (ie. LE 39)
The Follwing was done with [18 STR, 18 STAM, 13 DISC]
Command QS 30 HB 30 LB 30 Pike 20 LB 20
FEINT 3% 3% 3% 3% 3%
DRAW/JABS/LICE 7% 7% 7% 4% 4%
CHOP/BASH 9% 9% 9% 7% 7%
SWEEP/THRUST 11% 11% 11% 7% 7%
LUNGE 13% 13% 13% 9% 9%
SLAM ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

I didn't notice slam cost more fatigue when I collected all the data. Just forgot about the slam attack! (31 weapons from 10 to 80 stones)

I tested LUNGE vs SLAM with my 80 stone greatsword and 20-something stone sabre.

Greatsword
LUNGE - 18%
SLAM - 22%

Sabre
LUNGE - 6%
SLAM - 8%