Container for QS 03/07/2010 08:00 PM CST
what are you using to hold your QS? I'm using a lightened bo stick and so far it wont fit in a shoulder tube, weapon harness, and read a weapon strap wont work.
Re: Container for QS 03/07/2010 08:01 PM CST
If you have tons of money, a worked leather staff harness will hold your entire house.

If you are on a budget, ay sort of greatsword sheath should do fine.

"Limited in nature yet infinite in desire - men are like fallen gods."
- Alphonse de Lamartine
Re: Container for QS 03/07/2010 08:04 PM CST
I use a claymore sheath (old merchent item). I am suprised the shoulder tube wont take it, but as pointed out the greatsword sheath should do the trick.
Re: Container for QS 03/07/2010 10:22 PM CST
>You glance down to see a lightened bo stick in your right hand and an embossed greatsword sheath in your left hand.
>put stick in shea
The lightened bo stick is too long to fit in the sheath.
>

Greatsword sheath doesnt work, any other ideas?
Re: Container for QS 03/07/2010 10:47 PM CST
>put staff in sheath
That won't fit in there. Why are you bothering with this weapon anyway?
>put staff in pack
No dice, bud. Best to just give up and use an edge like a normal person.
>put staff in scabbard
Nope. Really, you should find something else.
>put staff in shoulder tube
Ha! Good try, but that would be too easy.
>put staff in baldric
Seriously. Give up quarterstaff. No one is supposed to train this skill.

I think it's like that for most QS users. However, my gf uses a QS with a weapon strap just fine, so unless you've tried it yourself I wouldn't give up on that possibility.

Zrxa says, "Vashir is a bad man."
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 12:03 AM CST
I use an atapwi now, but when I used a bo stick, a strap worked just fine.
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 05:37 AM CST
I just use a weapons strap for my partisan

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 07:12 AM CST
>>If you have tons of money, a worked leather staff harness will hold your entire house.

If you have tons of money I'd go for a runed backpack. Of course you'd probably have to literally have a ton for anyone to give up one of those
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 07:50 AM CST
I use an altered sharkskin QS (reasonable balance w/ heavy impact) and a weapon strap works just fine. The atapwi is the biggest pain in the rear, because a weapon strap doesn't work on them for some reason. I'm assuming you're only using it for it's great impact, in which case get a back worn harness, that should work.

If not, I don't know what to tell you other than the worked leather staff harness.

Otherwise, I'd go pick up a pike staff from Haven swamp trolls, they only work melee but they're otherwise nice weapons and easily replacable.

>>Seriously. Give up quarterstaff. No one is supposed to train this skill.

Don't listen to the barbarian. QS certainly isn't the best weapon choice for damage output and balance, but it's definitely viable for me (around 200 ranks)

- Terra
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 07:59 AM CST
I got lucky enough to snag a glaive (swappable halberd/qs) that works with a weapon strap, but even when it's the SAME weapon halberd is way, way better. If nothing else the quarterstaff mode just drains a ridiculous amount of fatigue, even at equal ranks. And that's with 35 str/stm so I have no idea how people put up with this weapon.

~ Kougen

A shadowling arches through the air, trying desperately to get its wings working before it sails out the window.
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 08:00 AM CST
<<Don't listen to the barbarian.>>

I was joking... mostly.

Zrxa says, "Vashir is a bad man."
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 09:58 AM CST
>I got lucky enough to snag a glaive (swappable halberd/qs) that works with a weapon strap, but even when it's the SAME weapon halberd is way, way better.

If it's anything like the swappable SS/Pike weapons you give up more slice and puncture than you gain in impact damage when you swap to QS mode. Also, you lose balance.

Btw, 35 strength and stamina is very low for heavy pole-range weapons.
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 11:48 AM CST
> The atapwi is the biggest pain in the rear, because a weapon strap doesn't work on them for some reason.

Theren shoulder tube.
Re: Container for QS 03/08/2010 01:30 PM CST
>Btw, 35 strength and stamina is very low for heavy pole-range weapons.

Eh. It's only 60 stones.

However, the point I was trying to make is that I have no fatigue issues with the weapon as a halberd but I have to rest when using it as a quarterstaff. Even though it's the same weapon at equal or very close ranks.

~ Kougen

A shadowling arches through the air, trying desperately to get its wings working before it sails out the window.