carving QS and SS 12/18/2009 09:02 AM CST
Does quality improve as you gain ranks? What is capped player made SS and QS?

From glancing the last few pages of this thread it seems purchases QS's are better than player made ones....is that the same for short staff?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: carving QS and SS 12/18/2009 09:07 AM CST
Well, for starters, you can't carve your own short staff. With quarterstaff, skill is irrelevant as far as I know. Old canes had random weights so the light ones are desireable.
Re: carving QS and SS 12/18/2009 09:17 AM CST
>>Well, for starters, you can't carve your own short staff. With quarterstaff, skill is irrelevant as far as I know. Old canes had random weights so the light ones are desireable.

heh ok, thank you

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: carving QS and SS 01/03/2010 07:23 AM CST
What/where are some decent short staff,the Nightstick from Hara just stinks...
Re: carving QS and SS 01/03/2010 07:28 AM CST
>>What/where are some decent short staff,the Nightstick from Hara just stinks...

An old carved wooden cane is better. Short of that, most of the "good" short staffs you will find are all variations of the Hara short staff. SS is desperately in need of some better templates.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: carving QS and SS 01/06/2010 10:41 AM CST
>An old carved wooden cane is better. Short of that, most of the "good" short staffs you will find are all variations of the Hara short staff. SS is desperately in need of some better templates.

Old carved canes are quarterstaff.

As far as I know, there's no such thing as a "good" short staff, unless you play plat.

It will cost you 444 TDPs to raise your Strength from 99 to 100.
Re: carving QS and SS 01/06/2010 02:42 PM CST
Best SS I know of is the short steel spear -- swappable pike/SS (f/l/m in SS mod IIRC). There is also a short bone spear and a short iron spear. Neither of those are as good as the steel one, but they'll be easier to find and cheaper. I think they're all from To The Teeth.

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: carving QS and SS 06/12/2012 01:23 PM CDT
Best SS I know of is the short steel spear -- swappable pike/SS (f/l/m in SS mod IIRC). There is also a short bone spear and a short iron spear. Neither of those are as good as the steel one, but they'll be easier to find and cheaper. I think they're all from To The Teeth.

Late, late reply to this thread, but if anyone is selling any one of those weapons (preferably the short steel spear) I would be interested in buying it.. Hit me up through my play.net email