QS weapons 08/07/2006 07:46 PM CDT
Ok, I have a mop I've been having fun bashing and smashing stuff with. Does anyone know of any other QS weapons that's aren't just the regular quarterstaff?
Re: QS weapons 08/07/2006 07:54 PM CDT
cane, partisan are ones i like

can't remeber if it's my glaive or bardice that is also QS but they are nice too

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: QS weapons 08/07/2006 10:28 PM CDT
Hobby horses from some merchant, a gaff hook, pike staff, and a couple of swappable pikes and halberds from the last Shard festival that celebrated the non-victory over the Outcasts.

"Oooh look at me Marge, I'm making people Happy! I'm the magical man, from Happy Land, who lives in a gumdrop house on Lolly Pop Lane!!!!...... By the way I was being sarcastic."
Re: QS weapons 08/08/2006 01:54 PM CDT
I think the broom from the witches hut on the way to Leth is also QS- probably a bad one though. You could also carve a cane. Check with the merchants, I think there are odds and ends of oddball things that are QS also.
Good QS weapons 02/23/2008 01:57 PM CST
I use QS as a secondary weapon and with the exception of the old 18 stone canes (which I do not have 100 plat to buy), are there any other lighter quarterstaves out there that do decent damage? I love the damage that my QS does, but I'd rather find one that's sturdier than the ones I've been using.

I have both staves from the Warrior Mage tent (Cambrinth and walnut) both at 50 stones
The black ironwood staff from Leth
The snapped pole with a tattered flag from the makeshift weapons tent
a banded acanth quarterstaff
a fire-blackened ebony quarterstaff
a bo stick with spiny leaves down the length
and a bloodwood staff capped with flame-etched amber (but it's pretty much destroyed)

So basically, I'm looking for other quarterstaves that are lighter or ones that are just as heavy but do more damage. Any thoughts? How's the quarterstaff in the weapon shop at Leth (is it the atapwi or something?)

Thanks in advance for any information

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Good QS weapons 02/23/2008 03:43 PM CST
The atapwi has the highest impact damage among storebought quarterstaves - great impact, but weighs the most at 60 stones. If you want to go light (and cheap) then there is the lightened bo stick sold at El Bains in Therengia. It only has moderate impact damage, but is pretty light at 30 stones.

That's what I know for storebought, but I don't know if there's anything amazing that is fest/quest/etc.

Player of Kardlo, quarterstaff dabbler
Re: Good QS weapons 02/23/2008 04:05 PM CST
Also, be aware that you can't tie a weapon strap to an atapwi. Keep that in mind if you decide to go that route.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: Good QS weapons 02/23/2008 07:34 PM CST
Get a pike staff from swamp trolls in Haven or similar weapon type. 40 stones and mod puncture and impact.

Mage: Its what for dinner.