Covellite 03/18/2013 08:09 PM CDT
Speaking of covellite, I obtained a bunch from the treasure system and am thinking of using it to forge a shield. Would it be worth my time? Or should I just sell it to the pawnshop or gem shop?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Covellite 03/19/2013 07:24 AM CDT
I started using a covellite shield for a while for the durability -- mostly because I was too lazy to go get my shield repaired every couple hours until I got the techs to repair it myself. I've also outfitted lowbies with covellite chain and plate. It's got decent protection (better than anything storebought) and you can make it light as armor can possibly be.

You are certain that it imposes minor (4/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is small in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers very poor (4/26) to moderate (10/26) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
somewhat heavy (8/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/15) balanced and is poorly (3/15) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the ceremonial shield is unusually resilient to damage (16/18), and is in good condition (80-89%).

The ceremonial shield is made with metal.
It appears that the ceremonial shield can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the ceremonial shield weighs exactly 57 stones.

When armworn: You are certain that the shield offers very poor (4/26) to fair (8/26) protection.
Re: Covellite 03/20/2013 01:31 PM CDT
Covallite makes incredibly useful light training material for when you're looking to back train up plate and you don't want to switch hunting grounds.

Sallet, light plate gloves, and a half plate in covellite.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Covellite 03/20/2013 02:25 PM CDT
Wonderful! Thanks!

Question two: can an armor piece be made from pieces forged from different metals, such as a covellite shield with a steel boss? Or is it just a one-metal thing?

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy