Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:10 PM CST
What's the lowest hindrance plate setup? Lumium and the 'light plate' templates? Or is there something better?
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:13 PM CST
"What's the lowest hindrance plate setup? Lumium and the 'light plate' templates? Or is there something better?"

Depends on what you really want? Protection or hinderance? Covellite is softer but not as good in the protection range.

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:16 PM CST
>>Depends on what you really want? Protection or hinderance? Covellite is softer but not as good in the protection range.

Well, they're saying over on the 3.0 boards that hindrance is going to be the real killer for plate wearing armor terts so I suppose lowering that is more important to me than protection is.

How bad of a protection drop are we talking about with covellite vs lumium? Epidia lists it as 35 hardness vs 75 which made me assume it'd be garbage for armor.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:20 PM CST
Do softer metals result in lower hindrance at the same density?

I've only toyed a bit with armorsmithing, so I'm not sure what role the attributes aside from physical and elec/thermal really affect in creation.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:21 PM CST
>>Epidia lists it as 35 hardness vs 75 which made me assume it'd be garbage for armor.

I believe Physical is what determines protection for armors, not Hardness.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:22 PM CST
Hardness does nothing for armor, hinderance is only changed by weight of the piece.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:25 PM CST
>>Hardness does nothing for armor, hinderance is only changed by weight of the piece.

Whoops, then covellite might be a lot better of a choice than I'd thought.

Anyone else want to weight in before I go spending up my reserves on different plate sets?
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:29 PM CST
> Anyone else want to weight in before I go spending up my reserves on different plate sets?

Since min density is 3, lumium will be better than covellite.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 01:31 PM CST
"How bad of a protection drop are we talking about with covellite vs lumium? Epidia lists it as 35 hardness vs 75 which made me assume it'd be garbage for armor."

I'll make a set of both Lumium amd Covelite and we shall see. Or i think Secretia has some of my off shoot armor alloys in his shop. I'll do the covellite to 3 density in HP. I'm a little perturbed after I made my steel-alloy, Ice steel came out. (I think the GM's stole my formula)

Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 05:24 PM CST
>> I'll make a set of both Lumium amd Covelite and we shall see. Or i think Secretia has some of my off shoot armor alloys in his shop. I'll do the covellite to 3 density in HP. I'm a little perturbed after I made my steel-alloy, Ice steel came out. (I think the GM's stole my formula)

I just posted this in the warrior mage 3.0 folder, but figured not many people saw it.

Here is a covellite set I forged up. It's 3.0 density so it should have the exact same hindrance stats as lumium. Far cheaper too. It has been lightened and tempered.

> app plate careful

The full plate is heavy plate.

The plate looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some light covellite full plate appears to impose high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance and insane (15/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
good (5/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
low (2/15) protection and low (3/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some light covellite full plate you could expect your maneuvering to be highly hindered and your stealth to be insanely hindered.

You are certain that the full plate is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

The full plate is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a quality of 96, placing it at 'very pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a hardness of 35, placing it at 'somewhat soft' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a workability of 65, placing it at 'not hard to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has an electrical resistance of 25, placing it at 'an exceptional conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a thermal resistance of 85, placing it at 'poor at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the full plate has a physical resistance of 80, placing it at 'exceptionally good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the full plate weighs exactly 270 stones.
You are certain that the full plate is worth exactly 20210 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

> ana plate
You thoroughly analyze the full plate, revealing some of its secrets.
These appear to be a type of finished metal plate armor that are masterfully-crafted.
The plate are a complicated piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.
About 100 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 05:38 PM CST
That is a pretty, pretty set of heavy plate. That's some nice absorp and prot for the hindrance/weight.

lurves it!

Will it force me to sell a kidney or a first born?
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 05:42 PM CST
A set of lumium plate i made for my own use. It was lightened after pounding.

You feel certain that some light lumium half plate adorned with interweaving soulstone spikes appears to impose significant (10/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and great (11/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
good (5/15) protection and high (9/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some light lumium half plate adorned with interweaving soulstone spikes you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally hindered and your stealth to be fairly hindered.

You are certain that the half plate is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and are practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The half plate is made with metal.
You are certain that the half plate weighs exactly 290 stones.
You are certain that the half plate is worth exactly 1121455 dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 06:42 PM CST
Here is a lumium HP/LP setup that I gave to a novice Paladin last month.

a lumium ceremonial shield

You are certain that it imposes light (3/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is small in size.

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the shield offers poor (5/26) to moderately good (11/26) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
heavy (9/26) impact damage

You are certain that the shield is decently (6/14) balanced and is inadequately (4/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the ceremonial shield is rather reinforced against damage (11/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The ceremonial shield is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a quality of 96, placing it at 'very pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a hardness of 75, placing it at 'hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a durability of 50, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a workability of 15, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has an electrical resistance of 60, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a thermal resistance of 75, placing it at 'not very good at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the ceremonial shield has a physical resistance of 90, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
It appears that the ceremonial shield can be slung over one shoulder.
You are certain that the ceremonial shield weighs exactly 74 stones.
You are certain that the ceremonial shield is worth exactly 225398 kronars.

a lumium brigandine balaclava

The brigandine balaclava is light plate.

The balaclava looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

head
neck
right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a lumium brigandine balaclava appears to impose fair (5/15) maneuvering hindrance and fair (5/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very good (6/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a lumium brigandine balaclava you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally hindered and your stealth to be minimally hindered.

You are certain that the brigandine balaclava is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The brigandine balaclava is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a quality of 90, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a hardness of 75, placing it at 'hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a durability of 50, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a workability of 15, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has an electrical resistance of 60, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a thermal resistance of 75, placing it at 'not very good at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine balaclava has a physical resistance of 90, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
The brigandine balaclava is a bit flexible.
You are certain that the brigandine balaclava weighs exactly 149 stones.
You are certain that the brigandine balaclava is worth exactly 492478 kronars.

some light lumium half plate

The half plate is heavy plate.

right arm
left arm
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some light lumium half plate appears to impose significant (10/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and extreme (13/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
good (5/15) protection and high (9/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some light lumium half plate you could expect your maneuvering to be minimally hindered and your stealth to be fairly hindered.

You are certain that the half plate is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a quality of 99, placing it at 'extremely pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a hardness of 75, placing it at 'hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a durability of 50, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a workability of 15, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has an electrical resistance of 60, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a thermal resistance of 75, placing it at 'not very good at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the half plate has a physical resistance of 90, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the half plate weighs exactly 287 stones.
You are certain that the half plate is worth exactly 1311291 kronars.

some lumium brigandine gloves

The brigandine gloves are light plate.

The gloves look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right hand
left hand

You feel certain that some lumium brigandine gloves appear to impose light (3/15) maneuvering hindrance and trivial (2/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very good (6/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
high (7/15) protection and very great (12/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and very high (10/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and very good (8/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some lumium brigandine gloves you could expect your maneuvering to be insignificantly hindered and your stealth to be minimally hindered.

You are certain that the brigandine gloves are quite guarded against damage (12/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

The brigandine gloves are made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a quality of 84, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a hardness of 75, placing it at 'hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a durability of 50, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a workability of 15, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has an electrical resistance of 60, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a thermal resistance of 75, placing it at 'not very good at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine gloves has a physical resistance of 90, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
The brigandine gloves are somewhat pliable.
You are certain that the brigandine gloves weighs exactly 49 stones.
You are certain that the brigandine gloves are worth exactly 148912 kronars.

some lumium brigandine greaves

The brigandine greaves are light plate.

The greaves look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right leg
left leg

You feel certain that some lumium brigandine greaves appear to impose minor (4/15) maneuvering hindrance and mild (6/15) stealth hindrance, offering:

If you were only wearing some lumium brigandine greaves you could expect your maneuvering to be insignificantly hindered and your stealth to be insignificantly hindered.

You are certain that the brigandine greaves are quite guarded against damage (12/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

The brigandine greaves are made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a quality of 84, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a hardness of 75, placing it at 'hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a durability of 50, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a workability of 15, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has an electrical resistance of 60, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a thermal resistance of 75, placing it at 'not very good at transfering heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the brigandine greaves has a physical resistance of 90, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
The brigandine greaves are somewhat pliable.
You are certain that the brigandine greaves weighs exactly 89 stones.
You are certain that the brigandine greaves are worth exactly 354255 kronars.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/05/2012 06:59 PM CST
>> Will it force me to sell a kidney or a first born

Nah. I can sell/make covellite full plate for 30 plats. The hard part is getting all the covellite. It's pretty common but taking the time to gather it all up is a pain.

Lumium will probably run at least 100 plats. The light full plate is 100 volume, so if you were buying lumium at 1 plat per volume and the person didn't charge to make it, you could probably get away from 100. But you can also buy less lumium and cut it with tin to save some costs.

Lumium is also 500% harder to make so you will probably need someone with 600-700+ mech to make a full plate set. Although it's much easier if you grab all the individual pieces.

Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 07:03 PM CST
>> Lumium armor

All of that lumium is weighted > 4.4. Does anyone have any 3 density lumium?
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 07:24 PM CST
Ok here is two pieces of Hp field plate armor,tempered and lightened.

Covellite first
The field plate is heavy plate.

right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some covellite field plate appears to impose noticeable maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming stealth hindrance, offering:
very good protection and great damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and great damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and great damage absorption for impact attacks.
high protection and very great damage absorption for fire attacks.
high protection and very great damage absorption for cold attacks.
low protection and somewhat fair damage absorption for electrical attacks.

You are certain that the field plate is nearly impervious to damage, and are in pristine condition.

The field plate is made with metal.
You are certain that the field plate weighs exactly 248 stones.
You are certain that the field plate is worth exactly 294694 dokoras.

Lumium
The field plate is heavy plate.

right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some lumium field plate appears to impose high maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and extreme damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high protection and extreme damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good protection and extreme damage absorption for impact attacks.
very good protection and great damage absorption for fire attacks.
very good protection and great damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for electrical attacks.

You are certain that the field plate is quite guarded against damage, and are in pristine condition.

You are certain that the field plate weighs exactly 287 stones.
You are certain that the field plate is worth exactly 977243 dokoras.

Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 09:24 PM CST
>> The hard part is getting all the covellite.

I didn't know anyone actually wanted this. I can start saving it. I mine mainly for a break for combat and for a chance at rare stuff, I don't currently craft myself.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 09:40 PM CST
>>All of that lumium is weighted > 4.4. Does anyone have any 3 density lumium?

Here are some stats from 3.0 density lumium armor that I sell (sometimes stocked in my shop, always available upon request):

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DRSales/message/162000

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/05/2012 11:19 PM CST
>> Here are some stats from 3.0 density lumium armor that I sell (sometimes stocked in my shop, always available upon request):

Great, thanks. How exactly is robe/sleeve/bala the optimal set? Weight wise?
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 04:15 AM CST
>You are certain that the full plate weighs exactly 270 stones.
>About 100 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.

Huh, wierd. That's effectively 2.7 density.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 04:20 AM CST
>> Huh, wierd. That's effectively 2.7 density.

Yah, lightened from 300. I don't think armor suffers from the < 3 density. Maybe it's just weapons?
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 05:53 AM CST
>You are certain that the full plate weighs exactly 270 stones.
>About 100 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.

>>Huh, wierd. That's effectively 2.7 density.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Armorsmithing#Lightening

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 09:00 AM CST
>> I don't think armor suffers from the < 3 density. Maybe it's just weapons?

Everything has to be over three density when you craft it.

Once it's crafted, that rule goes out the window.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 09:08 AM CST
You can get below 3 in density if you hone a weapon. Honing reduces impact damage and prevents you from balancing the weapon. So most people do nto ask for this to be done.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Bit Player of M'Riss
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 01:22 PM CST
>> Once it's crafted, that rule goes out the window.

Ahhh. For some reason I was thinking weapons couldn't drop below 3.0 even with honing. Oh, this is why.

Epedia entry.

Honing
Honing requires a grindstone, a wire brush, and some oil.
Honing a finished weapon will reduce it's weight by 8% (round up), but will not drop the weapon down below it's 3 density equivalent, or by more than 5 stones. For each stone of weight removed, one point of impact is lost (point, not category).
Note: a weapon can be honed or balanced, but not both!
Begin by STUDYing the appropriate page in your weaponsmithing book. Next TURN GRINDSTONE until it is up to speed, then PUSH GRINDSTONE WITH <weapon>. Periodically, you may be required to remove the metal shavings by RUBbing the weapon with a wire brush.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/06/2012 09:23 PM CST
>For some reason I was thinking weapons couldn't drop below 3.0 even with honing

Actually, this is true for weapons, thus my surprise. I haven't tried it in a while, so it may have changed. I think I might try it now.

Weapons for Sale:
Combat Balance List:
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/07/2012 01:03 PM CST
All these pretty lumium armors inspire me to make more plats. I need find a loot pinata to beat on. ^_^
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/09/2012 10:44 AM CST
>>Here are some stats from 3.0 density lumium armor that I sell (sometimes stocked in my shop, always available upon request): http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DRSales/message/162000

Apu, you don't list the actual hindrances in those apps. Mind posting what those are?

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 12/09/2012 03:40 PM CST
>>Apu, you don't list the actual hindrances in those apps. Mind posting what those are?

CHAIN skill

You feel certain that a lumium ring balaclava appears to impose insignificant (1/15) maneuvering hindrance and trivial (2/15) stealth hindrance,
You feel certain that some lumium ring sleeves appear to impose minor (4/15) maneuvering hindrance and minor (4/15) stealth hindrance,
You feel certain that a lumium ring robe appears to impose mild (6/15) maneuvering hindrance and mild (6/15) stealth hindrance,

BRIGANDINE skill

You feel certain that a lumium scale balaclava appears to impose light (3/15) maneuvering hindrance and fair (5/15) stealth hindrance,
You feel certain that some lumium scale sleeves appear to impose fair (5/15) maneuvering hindrance and mild (6/15) stealth hindrance,
You feel certain that a lumium scale robe appears to impose mild (6/15) maneuvering hindrance and extreme (12/15) stealth hindrance,

PLATE skill

You feel certain that a lumium sallet appears to impose fair (5/15) maneuvering hindrance and mild (6/15) stealth hindrance,
You feel certain that some lumium light plate sleeves appear to impose mild (6/15) maneuvering hindrance and moderate (7/15) stealth hindrance
You feel certain that some light lumium field plate appears to impose moderate (7/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance,

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/11/2012 06:17 PM CST
>>Actually, this is true for weapons, thus my surprise. I haven't tried it in a while, so it may have changed. I think I might try it now.

FYI, I went ahead and tried:

> push grind with longs
You realize the longsword would be damaged beyond repair if lightened any further.

> app longs

A tin longsword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
dismal (1/26) puncture damage
low (3/26) slice damage
poor (2/26) impact damage

You are certain that the longsword is dismally (2/14) balanced and is dismally (2/14) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the longsword is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The longsword is made with metal.
You are certain that the longsword weighs exactly 21 stones.
You are certain that the longsword is worth exactly 608 dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

It sucks cause I made it with tin.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Lowest Hindrance 12/11/2012 07:36 PM CST
Hah! I was right.

Weapons for Sale:
Combat Balance List:
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 03/04/2013 12:24 PM CST
>PLATE skill

>You feel certain that a lumium sallet appears to impose fair (5/15) maneuvering hindrance and mild (6/15) stealth hindrance,
>You feel certain that some lumium light plate sleeves appear to impose mild (6/15) maneuvering hindrance and moderate (7/15) stealth hindrance
>You feel certain that some light lumium field plate appears to impose moderate (7/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance,

Is the light field plate/sleeves combination significantly less hindering than the light half plate/greaves combination? I mean by volume:

Item Volume
light field plate 58
light plate sleeves 39

Total Volume 97

Item Volume
light half plate 65
light plate greaves 19

Total Volume 84

Although I'll admit I have no idea if volume affects hindrances directly, just an observation.

-Dekarion
Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 03/04/2013 12:35 PM CST
Sleeves also cover the hands.

Item Volume
light half plate 65
light plate greaves 19
light plate gauntlets 13

Total Volume 97

Re: Lowest Hindrance (HP/LP) 03/04/2013 12:44 PM CST
>Sleeves also cover the hands.

Ah, I missed that, thanks. So then they have the same total volume. So, back to the previous question then: is one combination any less hindering than the other?

-Dekarion
Re: Lowest Hindrance 03/08/2013 06:35 PM CST
this is the BEST and lowest hinderance plate. 9/15 hinderance. But look at the protection and absorption. That is PRE NERF Kantons Killing Fields high end drop. There are matching sleeves as well to be found. Course it be pricey but we are talking say 1k plat or so that is three or four times cheeper than Damite and a LOT less hindering.

The field plate is plate armor.

right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that a dull lumium field plate appears to impose high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great (9/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
high (7/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a dull lumium field plate you could expect your maneuvering to be rather hindered and your stealth to be overwhelmingly hindered.

You believe that the field plate is of average construction (9/18), and are in pristine condition (98-100%).

You are certain that the field plate weighs exactly 290 stones.
Re: Lowest Hindrance 03/08/2013 06:46 PM CST
There is also Half Plate version with same hinderance. Full plate version is same awsome protection but hinderance creeps up to 11/15.

The half plate is plate armor.

right arm
left arm
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that a dull lumium half plate appears to impose high (9/15) maneuvering hindrance and overwhelming (14/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great (9/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for slice attacks.
very good (6/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for impact attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for fire attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for cold attacks.
high (7/15) protection and exceptional (14/18) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a dull lumium half plate your maneuvering would be somewhat hindered and your stealth would be moderately hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently moderately hindered and your stealth is rather hindered.

You are certain that the half plate is extremely resistant to damage (15/18), and are rather scuffed up (70-79%).

You are certain that the half plate weighs exactly 325 stones.