Full Plate for a Barbarian? 11/10/2012 10:24 PM CST

I was told by a shopkeeper that a lot of Barbs were making the switch to Full Plate because armor hinderance was not going to play a factor into the new dance system. Anyone out there able to give me some advice? I have been training both Full Plate and Leather armor. What are the pros/cons?

Thanks!
Re: Full Plate for a Barbarian? 11/10/2012 10:27 PM CST
My advice, from the perspective of someone who's been around since the late 90s... Train more than one. Train two or three. I've seen barbs go from plate, to leather to chain, to leather to plate.... Don't go with the current flavor, hedge your bets.

- Buuwl
Re: Full Plate for a Barbarian? 11/10/2012 10:35 PM CST
I doubt HP is going to be ideal for much besides Pallies. Maybe LP/Brig.

It usually comes down to a choice: do you want to hide? If so, lighter armor. If not, chain/brig as you desire.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Full Plate for a Barbarian? 11/10/2012 11:18 PM CST
Barbarian primary. I use leather on the body, chain on the head/hands, and plate greaves. When I want to hide, I just pop off the greaves. It works well enough for me, I've actually been doing it since before the changes to dances were announced. Even now, you can dance just fine in plate with good discipline.

As a previous poster said, I'd train multiple armor types. Even if they nerf hiding so that it's no longer incredibly OP, stealth is still a valuable tool to have in your toolbox, and as a previous poster said you never know what changes might be coming down the road.