Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/12/2011 07:32 PM CDT
Anyone have issues with this not responding to a YS spell?

Its normally this....

The full plate is heavy plate.

The plate looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges appears to impose overwhelming maneuvering hindrance and insane stealth hindrance, offering:
great protection and incredible damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very great protection and incredible damage absorption for slice attacks.
very high protection and incredible damage absorption for impact attacks.
great protection and incredible damage absorption for fire attacks.
great protection and incredible damage absorption for cold attacks.
fair protection and moderate damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges you could expect your maneuvering to be somewhat hindered and your stealth to be very hindered.

You are certain that the full plate is unusually resilient to damage, and are in pristine condition.

But after casting a capped YS spell there is no change. Its not only that there is no change to the stats of the armor, there is no message in response to the spell. Sumbitted an assist to the GM's but they agree for some reason YS isn't affecting this armor. Just curious if anyone else has had this sort of experience with any armor?
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/12/2011 08:04 PM CDT
I've seen a few posts about damite not being affected by YS. I can't remember if it was other pieces or specifically the quest ones.

Has anyone tried focusing the quest armor to see if it already has some sort of magical quality to it?

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/29/2011 08:52 AM CDT
"Has anyone tried focusing the quest armor to see if it already has some sort of magical quality to it?"

You focus your magical senses on some damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges.
The full plate has no discernible magical pattern.
Roundtime: 20 seconds.

I can't figure out why YS won't work on it. I've been posting in different threads about it but haven't been able to get an answer.
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 12:40 AM CDT
I think Worrclan had similar problems with damite gauntlets that I had made for him. YS wasn't responding, but think DA was.

~Kraggur
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 07:03 AM CDT
Try asking in the bug portion of the Warmie Folder.

It could be a Bug with rare metals and YS

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 07:54 AM CDT
<<It could be a Bug with rare metals and YS

It's more likely an intended feature of damite with regards to elemental mana, which is why nobody will directly ask the question. They're afraid of the answer.
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 09:37 AM CDT

>>It's more likely an intended feature of damite with regards to elemental mana, which is why nobody will directly ask the question. They're afraid of the answer.

It's been asked before. Kodius was having trouble getting a repro on his own. It seems to be a bug.
Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 12:55 PM CDT
"It's been asked before. Kodius was having trouble getting a repro on his own. It seems to be a bug."

I do hope it is a 'bug', with YS not sticking to it.

As it stands now, it is incredibly worthless to me, being on a Warmage. Guess I'll stick with the 'ol forged field plate, for a while longer...

Re: Damite full plate embellished with gold leaf around the edges. 08/30/2011 02:11 PM CDT
I can't find the post, but do recall it being a bug. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that one improvement buff (DA) would work, while another (YS) fails.