Store bought plate 08/10/2011 08:40 AM CDT
Can anyone let me know the best store bought plate?.... how does the gleaming plate from theren hold up these days against other store bought options... also what about helms and gloves.

The tourney I'm doing restricts to store bought, and I think the great helm from shard, and the gleaming plate from theren are the best options. Not sure about gloves/gauntlets.
Re: Store bought plate 08/10/2011 09:07 AM CDT
As far as store-bought plate goes, massive plate armor from Dirge has always been the most protective, but only slightly. It has one higher level of impact protection over the GSWP, at the cost of 50 more stones of weight.

Back in my day, before the new-fangled forged armor (and long, long before our current incarnation of forged plate) massive plate was the go-to armor (at least, it was mine). The only thing readily available that was better was some of the brass-riveted jousting plate that was sold at a festival.

Player of Arturik
Re: Store bought plate 08/10/2011 02:25 PM CDT
The blood red scorpion plate in Crossing Paladin guild is sexy. :)
-Hawk
Re: Store bought plate 09/13/2011 09:16 PM CDT
There is a relatively new armor shop in Therenborough that has some very pretty armor- including plate. However, I am not sure how it compares to some of the other armors. This shop is in the market with the hat store and a couple of other shops.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy