Combo plat/chain 06/03/2010 08:15 PM CDT
Can anyone suggest a decent plate/chain combo of storebought stuff?

Just messing around with armor setups, thought I'd ask what people recommend. Plus LP storebought seems crap and rare. Not sure how to balance the 4 armors.
Re: Combo plat/chain 06/03/2010 11:18 PM CDT
>>Can anyone suggest a decent plate/chain combo of storebought stuff?

I actually train all four plate and chain armors together, but I didn't start that until I had acquired forged, light weight, low hindrance, versions of all 4 armors.

Here is my current forged setup:

LC chain shirt (150 stone)
HC greaves
LP gauntlets
HP great helm

All of the armors have High absorption, except the HC greaves, which are Good (I'm still looking for HC greaves with High absorb if they exist!). The shirt is the most hindering item at Moderately.

Overall, I am lightly hindered with no shield and fairly with a small armworn shield (Armor tertiary).

If you'd like more specific stats/weights on the armors let me know.
In the meantime, I'll be thinking about a store-bought setup that could work for you, although it will be far more heavier, more hindering, and less protective than forged items. I'd recommend investing in forged armor if you can afford it. I got all my stuff from Ciressa, I believe.
Re: Combo plat/chain 06/04/2010 03:34 PM CDT
>I'd recommend investing in forged armor if you can afford it. I got all my stuff from Ciressa, I believe.

I play Plat mostly these days, so I don't depend on player made goods. We happen to have 2-3 forgers right now, which is nice.

Sounds like I could just simulate your setup with the LC shirt from Crossings, LP gauntlets from haven, HP helmet, and HC greaves from Haven. I'm basically doing similar with leather right now, but using leather gloves/head.

Pretty much what I had figured, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Re: Combo plat/chain 06/04/2010 04:37 PM CDT
Yeah Ucu, I've found for most metal armor combinations that Crossings torso pieces supplemented by the Ironworks accessories are the best way to go.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
Re: Combo plat/chain 07/07/2010 06:58 PM CDT
Are there any LP greaves sold in stores? Anyone selling decent forged LP greaves?
Re: Combo plat/chain 07/07/2010 07:03 PM CDT
>>Are there any LP greaves sold in stores?

Riverhaven (Bantheld's Ironworks I think it's called?) sells LP greaves.

>>Anyone selling decent forged LP greaves?

The LP greaves sold by various traders in their shops is pretty good stuff, forget the usual app off the top of my head though.

Ogdaro